Mazda 6 Forums banner

Pinstripes?!?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  cgam99 
#1 ·
I had an appt last night over by GR, so afterwards, about 6:00 with daylight still left, I drove another 5 minutes to Borgman Ford-Mazda. I'd checked their inventory online earlier in the day and it said they had about 20 6's in stock, in pretty much every color except the Sepang Green.

So anyway, I go over there because I STILL cannot decide what color I want and I want to see them all together to compare, etc. Well - almost every car that did NOT have the Sport Package had butt-ugly PINSTRIPES going down the sides. Can you say YUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK?!?! All the Sport Package models (Lapis Blue, Yellow, Steel Gray, Silver) did not have those ugly things, but all the non-sports did. Did they come that way from Mazda, or did the dealer put them on for some unknown, STUPID reason?? Those pinstrips just RUINED the look of the entire car.

Also - I STILL cannot decide on color. But let me tell you - that Speed Yellow looked mighty nice. I was pretty much against the color before, but after seeing it in person, I am seriously considering it. I was still not impressed with the Redfire - still looked too "burgundyish", although it WAS a tad dirty/dusty, and it was not full sunlight out to really see the color good. Still want a good clear look at the Redfire in sunlight, and I have yet to see a decked-out White in person. So right now it's between Redfire, White, Steel Gray and the Yellow. <sigh> Sure wish I could get this most basic of decisions made. :)

But back to the topic of the post...what the hell was up with those PINSTRIPES?!?

See less See more
#2 ·
Reading Topic: Pinstripes?!?

gotta be a dealer thing. I've seen both sport and non sport, every color including the Sepang green, and haven't seen any pinstripes...beware too, because the dealership will probably charge you for fuglifying the car with the pinstripes. Just go to another dealer that hasn't done that to all their cars, but it is definitely a dealer thing!

-yasir

#3 ·

I just picked up my Redfire 6 last night. It has silver pinstripes on it. It doesn't look too bad, but I'll be taking them off this weekend. I saw a few others on the lot that had the stripes peeling off of them, it didn't inspire too much confidence in the way they were installed. The dealer didn't charge me for them, so I really don't mind.

#7 ·

I did not order the car. I took it off the dealer's lot. The car is a 6S with the sport package. I had a hard time finding a dealer who would sell me that car with the S-Plan pricing. When I found out he had one on his lot and would sell it with the S-Plan, I didn't car that it had pinstripes because he said they weren't painted on, just decals. He offered to take them off for me, but I decided to check it out and see how it looked. I honestly don't mind them, but they did a shitty job putting them on. They didn't wrap them around the body panels....there's a fairly big gap where the door seams are. A couple of minutes with a hair dryer and some wax will take car of it.

G
#10 ·
Replying to Topic 'Pinstripes?!?'

The dealer where I got my 6 has a policy to put pinstripes on every 6 as soon as it hits the ground (and charge $250 for the "service"). Fortunately, I was able to purchase mine while it was still in transit so I was able to give him explicit instructions to NOT put the pinstripes on mine!!

I should pick it up next week, so we'll see how well he listens!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.