Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. Im looking for a little help. I’m putting a “new” motor in my 6, wich is an MTX. The motor I’m putting in is from an ATX. I know I need to swap the wiring harness and install a pilot bushing in the end of the crankshaft. That is where I’m having trouble. I can’t find a new Pilot BUSHING anywhere. The guy on the phone from mazda parts says I need a pilot BEARING. I’ve tried to do some research on the difference but im far from convinced they are one and the same. So 2 things, 1, could someone please explain if, and what the differences are between a pilot bushing and bearing, and 2, if anyone happens to have a part number or knows where I can definitely purchase a pilot BUSHING, it would be an enormous help to me. . Again, ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you, Adam.

P.S. For those who are curious or care, heres the details of my engine failure.

I purchased my 2007 Mazda 6 in April of ’08 with 3,400 miles for $15,200. I was feeling pretty good about myself. Fell in love with the car and I still am. I have religiously changed the oil with Mobil 1 full synthetic and filter from day 1. I have also “overmaintained” the car in every other aspect, it’s my baby and I want it to last for a loooong time.

2 Sundays ago, 94,450 miles, I was merging onto the NJ turnpike, when shifting from 3rd to 4th gear, car stuttered for a second or two then POP POP BANG….car falls on its face, stutters and stalls, I pull over. Car was hard to restart, starter sounded very strained, but did start. When it did, it was knocking, ticking, tapping and slightly smoking and woudn't idle on its own, i had to keep my foot on the gas. I was fuming mad and heartbroken at the sametime for I knew what had happened. Failed pretcat, surprise! I managed to limp it another 50 miles home and there it sits waiting for all my parts to show up. It kills me so much because that Monday I was going to order the headers from Nautilus performance as I had just saved up the cash. Isn’t life grand!

I purchased a 19k mile motor out of an ATX for $2300 from –Low Mileage Engines LLC- with a 1 year unlimited mile warranty. A little steep, but from all the prices and mileages shopping around I had done, this was by far the best deal.

I’m also doing a little “while I’m in there” shopping J Ordered a Clutch Masters FX100 stage 1 clutch, Exedy 16lb lightweight flywheel, and of course the headers from Nautilus performance so I don’t have to do this again next week! I’m going to be using Canyon riders write up as a guide, because well, as we know, hes the man!

Any help or advice other wise is welcomed and apprecitated. Thanks for listening.

Adam Phillips.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apologize for the double post, my computer bugged out and i didn't know the first one worked! Sorry!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.