Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any of these laying around? the only one i could find was on the cpe website under there turbo upgrade project (i assume thats the stocker). id like to see how the exhaust housing bolts up to the manifold, and how it bolts to the compressor side. thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
anyone have any of these laying around? the only one i could find was on the cpe website under there turbo upgrade project (i assume thats the stocker). id like to see how the exhaust housing bolts up to the manifold, and how it bolts to the compressor side. thanks!
[/b]
I don't have any pics but...the turbo is clocked so that when mounted the exhuast intake flange and the compressor outlet are both facing up. Essentially the turbo dangles under the manifold.

·
Registered
159 Posts
[/b]
talk to 4drhtrd. he seems to already be working on a turbo upgrade

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have any pics but...the turbo is clocked so that when mounted the exhuast intake flange and the compressor outlet are both facing up. Essentially the turbo dangles under the manifold.
[/b]

weird setup.... i found some pics by diggin a bit deeper
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123643124
doesnt look like anything standard would fit as the exhaust bolts arent quite the garrett 4 bolt standard. and the housings bolt together using a weird 5 bolt that isnt the standard ford either. so it looks like we're waiting for someone to make us one or take your shit to a shop and have your own exhaust manifold/dp made...

·
Registered
886 Posts
[/b]

You can't clearly see the turbo in this picture, but you can see how its oriented. I thought maybe this would help you out. This shot was taken directly above the stock turbo.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hmmm... What's with the blue reducer in those pics? Might that be for a CAI that goes all the way to the turbo?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Wow, nice repost kev! JK, lol.

Yeah, I'd say it was completely redesigned for mazda.

·
Registered
820 Posts
those hoses are for a FMIC from the looks of it.

You can't clearly see the turbo in this picture, but you can see how its oriented. I thought maybe this would help you out. This shot was taken directly above the stock turbo.

[/b]
Man, that stock manifold looks like complete ass. when's the tubular one getting released haha.

·
Registered
307 Posts
weird setup.... i found some pics by diggin a bit deeper
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123643124
doesnt look like anything standard would fit as the exhaust bolts arent quite the garrett 4 bolt standard. and the housings bolt together using a weird 5 bolt that isnt the standard ford either. so it looks like we're waiting for someone to make us one or take your shit to a shop and have your own exhaust manifold/dp made...
[/b]
Hey right on......my pictures have been of use. :D

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
those hoses are for a FMIC from the looks of it.
[/b]
No, I meant the other one. Look at the one attached to the inlet side of the compressor (where the intake goes). All the CAIs I know of don't go all the way there, because of a bunch of sensors attached to a plastic pipe that enters the turbo where that reducer happens to be. There is no reducer there stock.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
damn i didnt know it looked like such a mess of shit under the top mount and shroud. nice job on the pics tho.
the manifold is also fubar'd. it looks like some kind of flex joint in the middle or something?
dino, whats with your setup? you doin something custom?

·
Registered
47 Posts
damn i didnt know it looked like such a mess of shit under the top mount and shroud. nice job on the pics tho.
the manifold is also fubar'd. it looks like some kind of flex joint in the middle or something?
dino, whats with your setup? you doin something custom?
[/b]
As of Monday I will have a FMIC setup. I am pretty excited about it. :drive: Ill open a new thread about it when I get it back, I dont wanna jack your thread.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
As of Monday I will have a FMIC setup. I am pretty excited about it. :drive: Ill open a new thread about it when I get it back, I dont wanna jack your thread.
[/b]
Are you getting a full intake done as well??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts