Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are pics of my stereo installed by CarTunes. The first time I received the car my upper display didn't work. I brought it back, and they figured out how to fix it. As you can see the metra kit was used for the install. It sits under-flush from the upper display. The picture isn't great but you can kinda see it. CarTunes said this was due to the dash kit being aftermarket. How do others with this kit looK?

The gap is somewhat visible in this pic.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Here are pics of my stereo installed by CarTunes. The first time I received the car my upper display didn't work. I brought it back, and they figured out how to fix it. As you can see the metra kit was used for the install. It sits under-flush from the upper display. The picture isn't great but you can kinda see it. CarTunes said this was due to the dash kit being aftermarket. How do others with this kit looK?

[/b]
Hm....What kind of sub is that? :glare: ...Someone needs to go back and get a new one!

Take your metra kit out and put it back it....I dont think that they put the plate on right.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hm....What kind of sub is that? :glare: ...Someone needs to go back and get a new one!

Take your metra kit out and put it back it....I dont think that they put the plate on right.
[/b]
The sub is a 12" MTX Thunder 5000. I've had it for a while, but it sounds good. Someday I'll go back and put in two 10" subs.

·
Registered
40 Posts

[/b]

I bet I know what they did on that kit, They pushed the top in to far when they were putting it back in and broke the clips that hold it in. I have done many of these cars since I work at Mickey Shorr in Livonia. We were the first ones around to have the kits. I would take it back and have them fix it. Like I said we have done about 15 of these cars and only the first one did that but we replace the top clips and that fixed it.

H

·
0 Posts

[/b]
Hey I noticed your lcd screen still works, I had an install done with the same kit and I dont have the clock, outside temp, hvac controls....how did you do that

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Hey I noticed your lcd screen still works, I had an install done with the same kit and I dont have the clock, outside temp, hvac controls....how did you do that
[/b]
what year car do you have? It will not work on 06 models and on non-us cars

H

·
0 Posts
what year car do you have? It will not work on 06 models and on non-us cars
[/b]
I have an 05, I actually took it back to the install and there is a plug that they take off of the factory stereo and it plugs into the new kit so it is quite simple. 10 minute fix and everything works perfectly!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everyone's fitment looks way better then mine. I actually took it back today, and they looked at it again. They tell me the top is warped and are going to contact metra for a new one :sarc:

I also talked to them about a new custom enclosure (Two 10"'s) for the back. They said about $240 for the enclosure plus amp, and subs. They recommended JL audio, but I was looking at the infinity kappa's. I'm looking for reccomendations. I was even thinking about building the box myself.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
That first alpine headunit looks very similiar to the one I had my brother get. I couldn't believe how much 'stereo' you can get for $200 these days. Its iPod ready, all you need to buy is a $30 cable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm thinking about building a box for a JL 12w6v2, and putting that in the back against the seat. Anyone have suggesting for firing angle, box plans, etc....

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I'm thinking about building a box for a JL 12w6v2, and putting that in the back against the seat. Anyone have suggesting for firing angle, box plans, etc....
[/b]
Yeah, buy the box from JL ;) Perfect size and designed to work with the subs

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm currently pushing a 12" MTX Thunder 5000 with an Alpine MRV-100M. It has no problems giving the sub enough power. Will this be enough for the JL?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
11 Participants
VAN~MZD~6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing