Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Pictures of Mazda3 anyone?'

Hi Junkan,

The 1st Picture of the new 3 (the Blue one) appears to be the correct appearance from what I have read and seen in Magazines.........

The orange one looks like the Rx8 with different lights & body Mouldings.....

The silver one I have seen before, but I think is a computer "artists impression" of the Mazda3.

So in my opinion, the Blue one is the correct one....or the most believable one !
:)

Cheers
Rod

·
Registered
510 Posts

???????????

I am also tipping that it won't be called a Mazda3

I think it may possibly called a Mazda4...........

Can anyone else back me up with this theory ????

Steve, do you know.........??

As i think the Mazda model range will be something like this....

2 for small car
4 for small to medium car
6 for Medium to large
8? for large car to replace 929 & Eunos 800

Maybe future use of odd numbers ie 1,3,5,7 etc for sports & SUV models..........iE
Mazda5 to replace MX5...???

Can anyone confirm this ?????????????

Cheers
Rod

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Wow junkan, you've visit a Dutch site!

That isn't the Mazda3. It is a photoshop. It is a boring VW or something like that with a Mazda6-nose that has been changed a bit...

The second one is old.....véry old :p

RodneyJ,

Mazda2; Mini-MPV/Compact car; replacement of the Demio/121; competitors: Toyota Yaris, Peugeot 206, Citroen C3, Daewoo Kalos, Honda Jazz etc
Mazda3; Small Medium car; replacement of the Protege/323; competitors: Toyota Corolla, Opel Astra, VW Golf, Ford Focus etc
Mazda4; Midi-MPV; replacement of the Premacy; competitors: Renault Scenic, Opel Zafira, Citroen Xsara Picasso Mitsubishi Space Star etc
Mazda6; Medium car; replacement of the 626; competitors: Opel Vectra, VW Passat, Ford Mondeo etc
Mazda8; Full-size MPV; replacement of the MPV; competitors: Renault Espace, Chrysler Voyager, Citroen C8, Ford Galaxy etc

And offcourse a new RX-7 in 2004 and the RX-8 in 2003

I hope there also will come a Mazda1; a more lower car than the 2. And a RX-6. A Mazda6 coupe with rotary-engine :D I don't think there will come a new Xedos 9/Eunos something, because they just don't sell.....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

What about the third car, the silvery?
Fake or ?

·
Registered
246 Posts

Originally posted by Matt

Wow junkan, you've visit a Dutch site!

That isn't the Mazda3. It is a photoshop. It is a boring VW or something like that with a Mazda6-nose that has been changed a bit...[/b]
Yeah, I did recognized the side of the VW Polo before you said this.. Just a photoshopped car, mix between Mazda 6 and VW Polo..

And offcourse a new RX-7 in 2004 and the RX-8 in 2003

..I don't think there will come a new Xedos 9/Eunos something, because they just don't sell.....[/b]
I heard this too, a new RX-7. Wouldn't be bad I gues.. :D Anyway, when I see that VW is selling luxury cars like the Phaeton and the upcoming Touareq, I think Mazda will have its chances to try to make a nice BMW 5-opponent, but they have to make sure the car is original/goodlooking, not a boring(?) old one like the Xedos 9 is... And really needs a powerfull dieselengine (at least 2.5 or more); and some other strong engines (turbocharged 2.3 > 230 hp, 3.0 V6 turbo > 280 or more hp). The car has to appeal to more people than the Xedos did.

Coen

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

The last Xedos 9ers are sold here in Holland. And there won't come a new higher/upper-class-Mazda. Thank God...Japanese cars in that class just don't sell...well, atleast not here

Like the Nissan Maxima QX, Honda Legend, Toyota Camry....never see one..

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Xedos has been discontinued.

Mazda6 is the new flagship. EOS.

This was in a press release from Mazda I read quite some time ago.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

No. Mazda has stopped the bleed-to-death strategy of trying to compete with the likes of Toyota in every single nische. It's simply not doable for a small car company like Mazda.

They are going back to basics - doing fun-to-drive vehicles that are not for everyone.

S

·
0 Posts

I was just wondering if anyone has a clue as to when the 3 will make its public debut. I'm assuming that it will be at one of the auto shows sometime early next year, and I'm really eager to see it.

Alan

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

No. Mazda has stopped the bleed-to-death strategy of trying to compete with the likes of Toyota in every single nische. It's simply not doable for a small car company like Mazda.

They are going back to basics - doing fun-to-drive vehicles that are not for everyone.[/b]
Oh yeah...:)

·
Registered
19 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

They are going back to basics - doing fun-to-drive vehicles that are not for everyone.[/b]
This is not true.

I agree that the Millenia was not marketed very well and, as a result, didn't sell very well either. The Miller Cycle engine was a good idea. It should have been available in the 626 line. The 2.3L engine produced 210HP and got way better gas mileage than the 2.5L V6 from my 626 would have made the 626 very competitive with the Altima and Accords.

Word has it from many sources that the Miller Cycle engine will make another appearance in the Mazda9. The 9 will be based off of an elongated 6 platform and will have the a more powerful Miller cycle engine.

Personally, I think this is a mistake. I think there there should be much more synergy within Mazda and their engine line. We know that Mazda will make a 2.3L I4 turbo making 280HP for the MazdaSpeed6. This should then be the standard engine for the 9 and there should be a turbo charged version of the 3.0L V6 from the 6 as the MazdaSpeed version of the 9. But Mazda is known for be different and using engines no one else uses.

Of course, some could say that no one would pay $30K+ for a large entry level luxury car and that would be a good argument. Acura suffers from a similar problem with their RL line (3.5L V6 where all other competitors have V8's). The counter example would be Audi. Audi has a 1.8L I4 turbo in their $30K+ A4 and it sells very well. Audi/VW also share a lot of engines between model lines and they are very sucessful at it too.

Anyway, I sure that Mazda had already set in stone that the Miller cycle engine will be in the Mazda9. Hopefully, it will have enough grunt and style to compete with the BMW 3-series, Audi A4, and Acura TL's which will have another 20HP within a year or two. The Mazda9 will need to have ~280HP, AWD, lots of luxury, and loaded priced <$35K. If that's the case, it will sell.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts