Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of a 2003-2004 Mazda6 V6 computer they can post here on the forums? (or email to me?)

I need to see what the computer looks like.

Im having one sent to a product developer for initial review, but I forgot what they looked like. I could have sworn the ECU looked alot like the older Ford EEC-V computers found in Ford vehicles up until about 2002 or so.

Either way, the company is being sent a computer, they should have it this afternoon.

Unlike SCT or DiabloSport, this company has expressed sincere interest in developing a flash tool/software for the Mazda6 with our help. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for this one.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a good pic.

Could you take a pic zoomed in on the white sticker, to include the computer code, part numbers and barcode?

Everyone else:

It would help if you could post pics of a 2.3L computer as well as a computer from a 2005 and 2006 V6 Mazda6. I need to see if the basic design of the computer has changed over the years.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
if nobody posts a pic of an 05 v6 by tommorow night, (when i get my car back from the dealer)
i'll get ya one. real nice and clear like ;)

please we need it cracked :) im praying.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If someone told me where it was, I'd take a pic of a 06 MPS but I doubt they'll want to develop for it since they're only making 5000 or so I hear. Maybe for comparision only reasons?!?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If someone told me where it was, I'd take a pic of a 06 MPS but I doubt they'll want to develop for it since they're only making 5000 or so I hear. Maybe for comparision only reasons?!?
[/b]

Dallas,

You better believe we want to release a tuner for the MazdaSpeed6. Being that the MazdaSpeed6 will be purchased by performance minded individuals compared to the average Mazda6 purchaser, we see supporting the MazdaSpeed6 market as a smart move.

You should look under the drivers side dash. That is where the computer normally is on the V6 models.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2004 6i ATX Sedan

[attachmentid=9263] [attachmentid=9264] [attachmentid=9265]
lol at the ECU being made by Mitsubishi.
[/b]
Okay, The company received the first ECU from a Mazda6s... Now they need a pic of the OBD-II port from a Mazda6s so they can see which of the holes are populated with pins. Not all of the holes will be. So if someone could take a pic of the OBD-II port (lower left side of the dash, should be a panel you can pop open), that would be great. Try to get as close and clear as you can so I can see which holes are populated. I will forward this on to the company once you post it here...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

More or less

X= occupied
O= Empty

OOOXXXXO <--- Green/Black/Red/Blue-Black wires
OOOOXXOX <---3 Blue Wires

\____/ <--- shaped like this looking as if you were plugging something in, the green/black/red/blue-black would be on top. Tried to make it as clear as possible.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
My ode to OBD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
84FordMan,

does your camera have a Macro function... often looks like a Flower? That allows you to get up close and it wont blur....
[/b]
I never knew that :D not my camera anyway.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
About this Discussion
145 Replies
30 Participants
Draxas
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing