Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of the Tint job I just had done. I also put the Shark Fin Antenna on today. There is also 1 pic of the Mazdaspeed decal minus the 6.

The tint is 30% all around.

-Ryan

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very nice. I like the shark fin and the tint job. I really need to get my car in for some tint... I was thinking a little lighter than 30%, that seems really dark! It looks amazing on a white car though.

The debadge of the "6" is sweet too.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice. I like the shark fin and the tint job. I really need to get my car in for some tint... I was thinking a little lighter than 30%, that seems really dark! It looks amazing on a white car though.

The debadge of the "6" is sweet too.
[/b]
Thanks. Yeah, it looks pretty dark in the pics. It is kinda dark, but not that bad :)

I see you from St Paul, so if you want to know who did mine, let me know. It's a guy in White Bear Lake and it's right around $200. He does an awesome job and has been doing it for 20 yrs.

·
Registered
166 Posts
NICE!!!! Can't wait to do my sharkfin and tint! Looks amazing, great job!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NICE!!!! Can't wait to do my sharkfin and tint! Looks amazing, great job!
[/b]
Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks!
[/b]

Under the shark-fin, how much room did you have? I want to go get Sirius installed on my car and I want the antanea (sp) routed out that hole and covered up with the fin... that possible you think?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Under the shark-fin, how much room did you have? I want to go get Sirius installed on my car and I want the antanea (sp) routed out that hole and covered up with the fin... that possible you think?
[/b]
There isn't a ton of room cause the base of the antenna goes under there too. Show me a pic of that Sirius antenna and I'll let you know if I think it will fit. I think another guy (Chicago Kid) said he got his under there though.

-Ryan

·
Registered
252 Posts
There isn't a ton of room cause the base of the antenna goes under there too. Show me a pic of that Sirius antenna and I'll let you know if I think it will fit. I think another guy (Chicago Kid) said he got his under there though.

-Ryan
[/b]

I'll see if I can find one... all I know is that it is a little square that is the size of the base stock one. But I don't listen to FM at all, Indiana FM sucks. So I can get rid of that base all together.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll see if I can find one... all I know is that it is a little square that is the size of the base stock one. But I don't listen to FM at all, Indiana FM sucks. So I can get rid of that base all together.
[/b]
If it's the same size as XM or similar, it would fit. Especially if you remove the base of the stock one. But I don't know how easy that would be.

·
Registered
87 Posts
fit my Sirius Ant. under it. It is the round one about 2 " diameter. It sits at the front of the shark fin.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice Ryan!. How hard was it to install the sharkfin? Do you have to remove the headliner?
[/b]
Super easy, all external.

You just unscrew the stock antenna then stick this one on. It's double sided tape. Just clean really good first :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
reception better or worse?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
reception better or worse?
[/b]
I'll answer that one tomorrow when I actually drive the car after the install :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nice... I'll have to pick one up. Tint first though!

Super easy, all external.

You just unscrew the stock antenna then stick this one on. It's double sided tape. Just clean really good first :)
[/b]

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice... I'll have to pick one up. Tint first though!
[/b]
Took 4 weeks to get the Sharkfin, so you might want to plan ahead on that one :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Good job Ryan.... looks really sweet!!!!
Gotta show us pics of your boost gauge??? :D
Here's mine... no '6' emblem too. :nana:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts