·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Tein S.Techs (V6)
- 20% Tint
- Sharkfin
- Clear Corners

The Tein S.Techs are perfect for me, the drop is just right, and the ride is just as comfortable as stock, yet much better handling in the corners. I wouldn't recommend them for the track, but they're great for the casual twisty's.

T.

·
Registered
158 Posts
So the springs do feel good? How are they on bumps? Oh and your car looks great by the way!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
where'd you get the clear corners? i hope you have better luck on axle's than i did.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Looks really good...

How will the springs handle the MS6 weight? And stock shocks will go out faster????
From what I've read in the forums... springs not made for the MS6 can break.
Are the Teins made for the MS6?

·
Registered
475 Posts
looks good that tint looks good and the clear corners are nice they keep that silver poppin

·
Registered
982 Posts
Car looks great but to answer ChicagoKids question; Yes! The stock shocks were not designed to be used with a spring made for a regular6. It has even been noted that on the REGULAR6, the stock shocks will wear much faster with the use of most aftermarket springs.

It does look good, but as stated many times before, using those spings on the speed6 just isn't meant to be.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
looking good -T- :thumbup:

All you need now are some new wheels

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Looks good....!!!! needs wheels!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone.

The ride is very comfortable, my wife didn't even realize it was lowered until I told her a couple weeks after the install. She hated it when I lowered my Celica, that was a VERY bumpy ride.

I was aware that the shocks will go out a lot faster with these springs, but I'm not too worried about the shocks, when they go out, I'll get them replaced. I love the look, and the currently available MS6 springs just don't drop the car this low without spending $700+ on coilovers, or a shock/spring combo. The drop/look on a budget was my main objective.

The clear corners I got from ebay.

As far as new wheels, maybe one day, I'd really like to go with 19x8 wheels, and a 225 tire. But to be honest, these are some of the best looking stock rims I've ever seen, so I'm content with these for now.

Thanks again for the compliments everyone.

T.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Looks good bro. Teins have the same effect as on the msp's... raked look.
I am fighting the mod bug for now... not sure how long it will last. Enjoying the quiet ride and feel of the stock ms6, after modding the hell outta the msp, it was getting too uncomfortable and loud for me. I agree with you on the wheels... I like them.

Thanks everyone.

The ride is very comfortable, my wife didn't even realize it was lowered until I told her a couple weeks after the install. She hated it when I lowered my Celica, that was a VERY bumpy ride.

I was aware that the shocks will go out a lot faster with these springs, but I'm not too worried about the shocks, when they go out, I'll get them replaced. I love the look, and the currently available MS6 springs just don't drop the car this low without spending $700+ on coilovers, or a shock/spring combo. The drop/look on a budget was my main objective.

The clear corners I got from ebay.

As far as new wheels, maybe one day, I'd really like to go with 19x8 wheels, and a 225 tire. But to be honest, these are some of the best looking stock rims I've ever seen, so I'm content with these for now.

Thanks again for the compliments everyone.

T.
[/b]

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Looks good. Same setup I have, well not the fin. :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i like that drop i think it is just perfect, great job on the modding

1 - 13 of 13 Posts