Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can some of you that own a Mazda6 please take some pictures of the engine bay for me?

Also, Can you take some detailed pics of the intake box, tubing, manifold... And also, if you can get back there, pics of the exhaust manifold and/or pics of the exhaust system underneath the car (like if you can get the car up on a lift)....

I want to get a jump on some preliminary designs for aftermarket performance parts on the 2.3L engine...

You can email pics to:

[email protected]

Thanks,

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Pics of the engine bay?'

Great to hear you're working on this. Make some things for the 3L V6 as well please :D

I found these on a Japanese site a little while back. Maybe they'll help?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The pics of the 2.3L helped me understand how the air intake is routed... I see the MAF is integrated into the airbox just like on the V6.

THe pic of the V6 you posted is actually not of the 3.0L Duratec V6. I think that pic is from the 626 MPS car or something.....

I cant wait to get my hands on one of these cars!!!!

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by DuratecPerformance

The pics of the 2.3L helped me understand how the air intake is routed...  I see the MAF is integrated into the airbox just like on the V6.

Nikolas[/b]
Nikolas, does this mean that any modified air intake system you design for the i4 will also be able to fit right on to the V6?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The V6 and the I4 will require totally different intake pipes....the V6 starts at the back of the engine bay and then runs at an angle to the front right corner. WHere as in those I4 pics, the intake manifold is on the front of the engine and the intake pipe is very short, straight to the front corner.

It does however look like the intake "box" is the same between both engines, so companies like K&N will be able to make a stock replacement panel filter and support both models with one part.

We will get an intake out for both models within 1-2 months of seeing one for the first time I just hope we find an owner in SoCal that is willing to work with us. They will get a free intake for their trouble

Nikolas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts