Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was under the car checking for a 4 bolt or 2 bolt bracket I was taking random pictures and just noticed this one....

[attachmentid=17299]

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Ah the Ford parts bin again.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Evidence of the co-development of this car's all whell drive system with the one now being installed in just about every mid size vehicle Ford & Mazda sell: Ford: Edge, Fusion, Milan, MKZ, etc. Mazda: 6, CX-7, CX-9. Truth be told, a standard 6 with the new 3.5 V-6 and all wheel drive and 6-speed auto would probably be a pretty damn good car. Not as edgy as the Speed6, but very competent. I haven't driven the new MKZ with this engine/tranny/drive combo, but I understand it's pretty decent.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Old news...but yeah.

We allknow the 95% Japanese parts on the window sticker is BS.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
and? the sky is not falling. i bet there are plenty of parts stampted FoMoCo. another example of leveraging global markets. FYI- the engine block is stamped too.

are you not going to buy Mazda's in NA? i hope you know that the president of MNA, Jim O'Sullivan, is a Ford VP, that's a Ford employee, not Mazda. so, no more Mazda's for you? also, as you are no doubt aware, the present president of Ford Americas, Mark Fields, was the previous MNA.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
and? the sky is not falling. i bet there are plenty of parts stampted FoMoCo. another example of leveraging global markets. FYI- the engine block is stamped too.

are you not going to buy Mazda's in NA? i hope you know that the president of MNA, Jim O'Sullivan, is a Ford VP, that's a Ford employee, not Mazda. so, no more Mazda's for you? also, as you are no doubt aware, the present president of Ford Americas, Mark Fields, was the previous MNA.
[/b]

Wasn't Mark Fields former Mazda Japan?

Just looked it up... yep.

Fields joined Ford Motor Company in 1989. From 2000-2002, he was President and CEO of Mazda Motor Company, leading the company through a period of significant transformation. [/b]
http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=3810

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Wasn't Mark Fields former Mazda Japan?
Just looked it up... yep.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=3810
[/b]

well i dont mind soo much. if there is one thing ford actually builds RIGHT its there rear diff's and engine blocks. i'm 100% fine with this. the big thing you have to watch for is ford tranny's. i'm almost 100% sure our tranny is not a ford tranny.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I'd say more that they auto transmissions are suspect. The Tremec MT used in the Mustangs has been pretty decent.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I'd say more that they auto transmissions are suspect. The Tremec MT used in the Mustangs has been pretty decent.
[/b]
i agree. but thats my point. i dont beleive ford makes their manuals, as oppose to outsources them. their autos they make in house

·
Registered
337 Posts
My Brake Calipers are stamped 'FoMoCo' as well...... I think it's a good thing.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My Brake Calipers are stamped 'FoMoCo' as well...... I think it's a good thing.
[/b]
Ford owns Mazda..
Also ford has really improved the last couple of years.
I really think and hope that Mazda dealers will have class when it comes to warranty situations.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Ford owns Mazda..
Also ford has really improved the last couple of years.
I really think and hope that Mazda dealers will have class when it comes to warranty situations.
[/b]
Correction, Ford owns about 33% of Mazda last I checked.

I had a Ford MTX-75 tranny in my last car and it was a piece of junk...good job Ford!
This transmission seems to hold up a lot better...Yes I've had mine replaced in my MS6, but I think I had a fubar 2nd gear synchro from the get-go, no problems since replacement though.

Can anyone confirm this FoMoCo stamp on the RX8 diff that we are alleged to have?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Correction, Ford owns about 33% of Mazda last I checked.

I had a Ford MTX-75 tranny in my last car and it was a piece of junk...good job Ford!
This transmission seems to hold up a lot better...Yes I've had mine replaced in my MS6, but I think I had a fubar 2nd gear synchro from the get-go, no problems since replacement though.

Can anyone confirm this FoMoCo stamp on the RX8 diff that we are alleged to have?
[/b]

Correction. 33% gives Ford controlling interest according to Japanese corporate law. In addition, that also makes Ford the largest single shareholder... and as I have mentioned many times on the RX-8 Club on this subject... even if someone was to hold a larger percentage than Ford, Ford still retains veto voting rights on the board of execs and according to Japanese business customs/practices... there will NOT be any hostile or otherwise takeovers. The only way Ford will lose control of Mazda is because they choose to (see Horie/Livedoor and Nippon brocasting/Fuji TV scandal). Speaking of which... Ford purchased their first big stake in the mid-70's and has twice increased their share. They have had a big say in Mazda since the first RX-7 and took over in the mid-90's sending a Ford exec, Mark Fields, to be president and CEO of Mazda Japan.

No problems here with the Tremec 5spd transmissions Ford uses in the Mustangs, nor has anyone I've known had issues with the MT in the Probe GT nor the Taurus SHO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts