Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of my Black Cherry Mazdaspeed6 after a few hours messing around with Zaino. If you're not familiar with Zaino check out www.zainobros.com. It's the best polish on the market and is so much better than traditional carnuba wax. I've been using this stuff for years. Anyways, so far I removed all the was on the car with liquid Dawn and then claybared the car. Follow that with a regular wash and 4 coats of Zaino polish with Gloss enhancer after each application and here are my results. I will have 10-20 coats on the car eventually but you have to start somewhere. When you run your hand along the paint it is as smooth as glass. Gotta love the Zaino:

My Dog was barking at himself in the reflection of the paint:

A pair of reflection pictures:

Try getting these results with Turtle Wax...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
nice shiba

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well worth the owrk tho!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
how long did it take you?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far I have about 4 hours worth of work into it. The claybar is the longest part. The good thing about Zaino is that it goes on really easy and once dry comes up pretty easily. Compared to Carnuba wax the application and removal is so much easier. I did it with my husbands help so it would have taken longer all by myself.

Shibas rule!!!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea we did.. First washed with dawn to get old wax off then clayed.. The most imp step... took a long ass time too

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Zaino rocks...

BTW you didn't clay first??? :nono:
[/b]
lol...it says it right in the original write up

So here's my question, where can i purchase a clay bar (walmart, meijer?)? just online? and zaino?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Other companies sell claybars and you could prob. get one at Walmart. I've used a few different ones but I swear by the Zaino kit. I've yet to see anything that even remotely compares. It is expensive but totally worth it.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Ever since I saw the Dark Cherry color on the (Japan-only?) Special Edition RX-8 (Shinsen?) a couple years ago, I knew this color was special.

Awesome job on the Zaino ... worth the effort. The effect is stunning :)

Any chance you can post the full-resolution version of a couple of the shots (the first two, and perhaps the hood reflection)? I'm looking for a new background!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is a picture of our RX8 coated with Zaino. It isn't a closeup but you get the idea:

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Sweet. I love Zaino. Wow that was quick 4 hrs. Did you use the accelerator? I only have one coat and I love it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Poohster, how do you like the Black Mica? That was the color of our 03 Mazdaspeed Protege. That was a pretty cool car but just didn't have enough character.

And yes, we did you the accelerator....

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
$85 for the kit?? damn glad it shines like that

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
21 Participants
speedgal
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing