Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got it for $35 shipped from www.ricks2k.com Feels great, shorter than that POS shifter handle.

Not bad pics for an older Fuji finepix 3800 in my garage huh?

Another

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
so is that spinned aluminum? which I assume would mean it's empty inside... does it feel "tinny"?

if u answer "yes" to above, that's too bad :) but it does look nice....

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have the same knob... although I quit using it long ago. It does feel much more "connected"...

It is spun aluminum... but it is not "hollow". It is solid save for the hole the shifter threads into. Not as hefty as these 1lb "weighted" knobs, but it's noticeably heavier than the stocker...

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have the same knob... although I quit using it long ago. It does feel much more "connected"...

It is spun aluminum... but it is not "hollow". It is solid save for the hole the shifter threads into. Not as hefty as these 1lb "weighted" knobs, but it's noticeably heavier than the stocker...
[/b]
SPUN aluminum... that's it....
well by definition I think it would need to be hollow inside... from what I found on the web... so I was wondering if these things are empty inside which would be silly...

why did you quit using it?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Don't like it...at all

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It wasn't "hollow" inside except for the threads and at the end where it extends down nicely and sits flush on the boot. It is awesome! Shortened the throws, easier to shift by the shape of it. Worth every penny of $35. Says it fit the 350Z/Nissan stuff.

·
Registered
679 Posts
That will be great in the sunshine and 100+ weather and also the 0 degree weather.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've woke up to 20's here and it doesn't bother me. Warms up or cools down quick too. The stock shifter would make a great paper weight.

·
Registered
651 Posts
That will be great in the sunshine and 100+ weather and also the 0 degree weather.
[/b]
I had the B&M on my Contour...the aluminum knob was good for about 2 weeks through the year. Way to cold in the winter...way to hot in the summer. I ended up using the stocker on that one...and would never buy a metal knob again.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw the Monster knob, that would be my second choice. I might buy one if this thing ever actually bothers me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts