Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to love the UPS guy. Just got these at work today. it's good and bad......I ordered them over a week ago though. and I had some unexpected crap come up that drained me of money and it was to late by that time to cancell the order so I overdrafted about $280 (counting overdraft charges). so my account sais like -280 now i think ...so that sucks ALOT. which means I am broke for a while so they won't be installed for a long time....

But heres the pics

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
look linear to meeeeeeee lol :)
[/b]
Serious or kidding??? I serious please READ THE BOX they came in...

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was actaully under the impression that they was linear from what I read everywhere ( iwas told to go with linear over progressive). But the box says progressive..

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
put in some overtime...get the money....slap em on .....and post the pics.
My decision relies heavily on this.....thnx.....lol lol

u got em from RPM right?
[/b]
Yes, from RPM. They where great with the entire orderring process and getting them to me. Weird thng is I checked my bank and it's not showing they ever took the money out for the springs. It showed I had a pending charge for the money when I first ordered it and that dropped off on friday but nothing ever taken out. I'm going to give it a few days and if nothing is taken out of my account I am going to call to make sure they got got anything on there end...

I am thinking about going to my moms over the weekend and seeing if her husban would be willing to do the install. (if he knows how) he used to be a mechanic before he started his own painting and roofing business. and I'd assume it's something anyone can do anyways. I am bad at waiting. that or do a cash in advance loan at the bank to get it installed somewhere lol.

even though if I was smart I'd just wait till I got some new shocks too.

(oh and I am already doing 36 hours of OT average per check lol)

I have been told ALL eibach springs are progressive...
[/b]
I knew the pro's where but was told that that is what made teh sportlines different was they was linear instead. That was one of the main reasons I chose them over my other choices. BUt what can you do I guess...I'm still not 100% for sure of the exact drop they offer. it's different everywhere i look. according to Eibach when I called it was like 1.8 front and 1.6 rear. or something along those lines.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Often times the fronts are linear and the rears are progressive.

Because front weight usually stays the same whereas rear weight is often variable.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Sweet. Install them yourself man. It's not that hard.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DIY for sure, it's really not that bad, and costs nothing! That way you don't have to wait to make some cash to install them ;)
Made a DIY a long time ago when I had Eibachs on mine, might help you out some, or maybe it won't, who knows.

Blackmagik Productions: DIY Spring Install
[/b]
I was going to do it myself. Then I started reading the How to on mazda6tech.com on how to install springs and shocks. What worried me was the torquing. Since I don't have the tools for that. Plus I would have to find someone near me that has the tools to compress the springs. I WAS going to do it myself and looked at a few compressors. but now that I am negative in the hole untill the 31'st. LOL...that takes out buying the compressor.

I'll read through your how to though and see from there. If it doesn't sound to complicated to be able to do in the parking lot of my apartment if I am able to find the tools from someone. But I can ask around. If that is the case and I am able to find the tools to do it it'll be done by this weekend for sure.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Isn't there anyone close to you that can help you with it? I would be happy to help out but I'm in PA. Springs are really easy to do with the right tools.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
What worried me was the torquing.
[/b]

On the 1st install, I didn't have any tools but hand tools so, I hand tightened with a regular ratchet, not a breaker bar or torque wrench. Although I tightened everything almost as hard as I possibly could.

2nd time around, we had an impact gun so, they're a bit tighter now :D

Both times, afterwards was fine so, I wouldn't be extremely worried about it.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, So then I am trying to get the next 2 days off so I can do this..(PLus that means I get a 5 day weekend with only using 2 days of PTO lol......So these are the tools needed I got from Mazda6tech's site..

Small and large socket wrench's.
Deep 18mm socket
12, 14, 15, and 18mm sockets
Allen Wrench (no size given)
3" and 18" socket extensions
14, 17, and 19mm wrenchs
Floor Jack
2 Jack Stands
Spring Compressor.

(I doubt I need the 2 hose clamps to fabricate a break line mount or a drill since I am not changing shocks.

I am sure theres some stuff in that list I DO NOT need since there directions are for replacing both shocks AND springs not JUST springs. but it was the only place I could find a list of tools required.

if the list is actaully different or smaller let me know. as if I do not have the tools I am sure the GF's dad will let me use his. I just want to make sure I have it all with me and ready

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, I am doing the install tonight myself...........I will get some pics. I got the next 2 days off so I may not be able to post anything untill tuesday. unless I go to the gf's house and use there computer. they won't be settled anyways....wish me luck lol....I'm sure if I am able to install the appearance package all by myself then I can probably do this too though.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just take your time. and have a second set of hands. it makes lining up the rear bolt much easier. ;)
[/b]
I never have a second set of hands. so far everything I've had to do by myself. NON of my friends are in to cars even remotely lol. like 5 years ago i had alot of friends in to cars from goign to the street races. but I outgrew that and them.....(alot of drama with peopel talking behind others backs).

I have one guy i somewhat know that is in to cars. but he i sa backstabber so I avoid him at all costs. so it'll be jus tme doing it lol...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
11 Participants
AzMz6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing