Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here are a few pics that I took today since I had the day off.

Brake Light Mod: Tail Lights on, brakes NOT applied

Brakes applied:

While we are here, my Japanese black tails:

New lower fogs:

Fogs on:

Upper fogs and lower fogs on:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Why do you need so many fog lights? You live in the U.K.?

Of all the cars I've owned that had fog lights, including my 6 wagon, I've never used them.

In fact I really get pissed at the folks who drive around at night with them on. They're for FOG! Not driving lamps.

John :cool:

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yellow HIDs and fogs:

Bi-xenon high beams, halogen high beams, lower fogs and upper "DRIVING LIGHTS":

Yellow HIDs

If anyone was wondering what that thing ontop of my car is it is my Spring/Summer bike rack:

FINALLY!!! My support of the forum:

Of all the cars I've owned that had fog lights, including my 6 wagon, I've never used them.

In fact I really get pissed at the folks who drive around at night with them on. They're for FOG! Not driving lamps.

[/b]
Hey, you do what you want with your car and I'll do what I want with mine. Besides I do not run all of them at once. I have the option of picking and choosing which I want. Factory fogs for "driving lights", lower ion for fogs for foggy weather (yes it happens here in southern PA, or maybe I want to run those instead of the factory fogs) and bi-xenon because no-one thought it could be done!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
i need pics of the headlight from front closeup and some cutoff for the bixenon please !! lol...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Great job with the extra fogs! I could really use them where I live. Every winter, this part of Ca. gets thicker fog than I ever experienced while living in England. I wouldn't want to drive a car around here without fogs!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great job with the extra fogs! I could really use them where I live. Every winter, this part of Ca. gets thicker fog than I ever experienced while living in England. I wouldn't want to drive a car around here without fogs!
[/b]
Thanks guys I'm said to say that the yellow HIDs are going to be going away my 4300K D2S bulbs came in. Before I pull them I will try to get some pics of the light on the road.
Plans within the next 2 weeks, just have to find a good 2 days to take the headlights apart again:
Head lights 4300K D2S
Integrated fogs "Driving Lights" 4300K D2S
Halogen High Beams....Cool little JDM touch, will post pics once completed
Oh yeah and finally finish that LED front turn signal that I have been sitting on.
p.s. the lower fogs really have HORRIBLE light output, currently looking to find another fog light to replace the ones it came with, the only thing they are there for now is simple the look of lower fogs. Trust me!

·
Registered
233 Posts

[/b]
you can see the immediate area a lot better with the fogs on

·
Registered
375 Posts
how do the directionals work now with the brakes and all plugged in together

also how do the directionals work with the brakes on

is there any change in the system

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Thanks guys I'm said to say that the yellow HIDs are going to be going away my 4300K D2S bulbs came in. Before I pull them I will try to get some pics of the light on the road.
Plans within the next 2 weeks, just have to find a good 2 days to take the headlights apart again:
Head lights 4300K D2S
Integrated fogs "Driving Lights" 4300K D2S
Halogen High Beams....Cool little JDM touch, will post pics once completed
Oh yeah and finally finish that LED front turn signal that I have been sitting on.
p.s. the lower fogs really have HORRIBLE light output, currently looking to find another fog light to replace the ones it came with, the only thing they are there for now is simple the look of lower fogs. Trust me!
[/b]
eh? u got integrated fogs using D2S? u sure? did u use washers? what did u use to mount the bulbs in the bosch mini h3?

oh and, u were just going to change the bulbs right? u dont need to back the headlight again... :)

[/b]
:headscrat:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
why are you sad to get rid of the 3000K? i just want to know what the light output is like with the yellow HID bulbs. what are the lumens on those things?

damn, you have a ton of HID in the headlights. where do you mount all of your ballasts? :D

[/b]
are you talking about the turn signals after the brake light mod?

it sounds like that's what you are talking about, and if it is they aren't any part of the brake light or the brake light mod.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ANOTHER VICTIM OF HKPLUS!!!
[/b]
Yup! From a distance not bad but up close....wish I had kicked out the money.

[/b]
No change, I followed the how to on this forum and it worked GREAT.

eh? u got integrated fogs using D2S? u sure? did u use washers? what did u use to mount the bulbs in the bosch mini h3?

oh and, u were just going to change the bulbs right? u dont need to back the headlight again... :)
:headscrat:
[/b]
Currently I have the factory mini h3 projectors but with the how to on the hidplanet.com forum I plan on modding these to D2S. If it is not a easy as the guy on the other forum showed I will make a way. t_mo_t I will be sure to do a detailed how to for everyone this time, promise! Yes, I will have to bake the headlights again for a couple reasons. 1) I am going to do the LED mod (front turn signals) that I had talked about doing before 2) need to get the fog lights out to work on fitting the D2S in and 3) I still want to work with the bi-xenon some more.

I do not have another set of headlights nor another vehicle so when I finally get time off from work and home to do something like this I try to get it all done at once. Like I said the next 2 weekends I have to work but maybe my buddy will let me borrow his SRT-4 to go to work Saturday ... :drive: Then I can start working on it Friday night/afternoon (weather permitting)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
why are you sad to get rid of the 3000K? i just want to know what the light output is like with the yellow HID bulbs. what are the lumens on those things?

damn, you have a ton of HID in the headlights. where do you mount all of your ballasts? :D
are you talking about the turn signals after the brake light mod?

it sounds like that's what you are talking about, and if it is they aren't any part of the brake light or the brake light mod.
[/b]
Why said with the 3000K's. Well I love the yellow look but the lumens are actually less than that of a 4300K bulb. Last I remember the lumens are some where around 100-200 less than 4300K (not sure exactly).

Yeah, I current have 3 sets of ballast, 2 sets of brand new Osram 4300K D2S bulbs, 1 set of Philips 3000K D2R bulbs and the regretful set of 8000K D2S bulbs. Ballast are mounted differently on each side (due to space limitations) but mostly under the headlight in/on the engine bay walls.

Turn signal mod: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=45075&hl=
I will be modding the front turn signals to LED boards. Unfortunately with all of the other lights I have added to my car I think that I will be making these turn signals only. Even though the POLL showed I should convert them to running lights and turn signals, just to many forward facing lights.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
13 Participants
tigerlille87
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing