Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took these pics of my car while it was up on the lift at work. Yes, less than 18hrs after picking up my car I had it on a lift at work... :)

All of the images are from my Kodak DC290 digicam and all but one is original resolution.

My ISP is going to hate me... :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Reading Topic: Pics of my M6

Good pics.

I don't know much about the mechanics and the underside of a car,
but it looks to me like the parts are already rusted and pretty well
worn. Way too much for a 1-day old car. Is that normal? Or are
they just using rust-colored metal??

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Pics of my M6'

Originally posted by l7avis

Thanks for the pics.
Yeah, your exhaust piping looks rusted and old.[/b]
Oh some of that exhuast piping. That's the color of that. Kind of a mauvish color.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replying to Topic 'Pics of my M6'

As for the exhaust piping, from what I can tell it does appear to be surface oxidation. The vehicle arrived at the dealership the evening of Dec 18, and I had the pleasure of taking her for a test drive on Dec 20. From the mileage there probably wasn't more than a couple people who drove it after I did, and I can vouch that the vehicle spent it's share of time in the dealerships back parking lot covered in snow.

I forgot to post a couple of pics of the rear suspension. I may try to find an old thread that had a marketing shot of the rear suspension and post to there.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Wouldn't worry about rust of that kind. All cars have a ability to look like hell underneath :)

Have a slight memory of hearing that the "surface rust" is there for a reason, to protect the actual metal beneath... I don't know if that's right...

·
Registered
526 Posts

If any of you think this looks old or rusty, give ANY car 3 months and then look underneath. Or look at Halfadozen's rotors on his Redfire 6.

http://www.goonish.com/atenza/read.php?TID=1247

I realize all you're seeing is the brake rotor and the braking surface will get scrubbed. Look at the edge. The part that doesn't get touched. Nice and rusty already. All of this is quite normal.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Never said it wasn't normal, especially for a car griven on salted roads.

·
Registered
526 Posts

That wasn't directed at you at all mpulse. Some others seem overly concerned about what is obviously normal everyday corrosion on the underside of your car.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Hmm now we have had our 6 during the entire winter here. Salty roads IS Sweden :). Now we have no rust what so ever on any visible part of the car (´discs, calipers, exhaust ect.).

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Wonder - what is that "gear" like thing, just behind the steering spindle, looks like a toth gear but I don't se anything wired to it. Is it some senor thing for the antispinn ´maybe?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts