Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H&R Coilovers being installed tuesday...I am going to tick with stock wheels for now.
who wants to photoshop a drop for me? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
How much do you plan on dropping it with the coilovers?

For me right now its get springs, and have cash for other mods, Or coilovers, and not. Looking forward to seeing picks when they are installed! Make sure to post how much you dropped it, just to compare.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've lowered every car I have owned with springs and was never happy with it, I always wanted to go lower ( i hate the GAP) lol

I will post pics by tomorrow night and I will most likely go al the way down in the front to see how low it can actually go with H&R's.
If it's to low then we will raise it up a tad.
The back IDK 1.5-2.0 maybe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Haha no one likes the gap. I would love to slam mine right to the ground, but being my daily driver with a 40 minute commute to work in the summer, and a 50 - 60 minute commute during the school year, it would not be very practical. Not to mention Im from Canada, dealing with snow and potholes is another issue. So being able to adjust with the coilovers would be key, its just the price tag.

Good luck with the coilovers today, hope everything goes smooth

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the done today! thank god for a spring compressor lol!!!!

Wasn't too bad of a job ether, took us from 930am-12PM
Only complaint i have is that the coilovers didn't come with a spanner wrench to adjust the rear

I dropped it all the way down in the front and let me just say its NOT that much ruffer than stock :)

I live in MA and we get massive pot holes as well and I drive all over.
If your going to lower your car go with coilovers....

I have lowered every car i have owned with springs with stock struts and shocks, the coilovers ride better than those old setups!

It's pooring out so no pics today.
But stay tuned :)

P.S. we had to put wood underthe tires to get my car off the lift :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts