Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My NRG harness bar was delivered yesterday. So, like most of you...I also went ahead and installed it about 32milliseconds after I had removed the packaging. Aside from the mounting hardware, the bar comes with a bag of assorted sized washers, spacers, and ring adapters to replace worn out/complement factory pieces. The stock bolts at the top of the B-pillar were reused, however new (longer) bolts needed to be purchased for the lower attachment points at the base of the B-pillar since the factory bolts were not long enough to accommodate both the harness bar vertical support and seat belt. Any fastener shop should be able to match the thread pattern for you if you simply remove the bolt and bring it in. Remember to use grade 8.8 or above bolts for this installation! Clearance was tight (about 1/4inch to spare) between the vertical support and the rear corner of the passenger bucket seat, however, the seat was at its rearward-most position on the slider. The bar is very sturdy; I was tugging and trying to move it around with my full body weight and it did not budge at all! There weren't any problems with the install sooooo...

[Be aware that the harness isn't wrapped/mounted to the bar yet. These pictures were taken BEFORE I started/finished that part.]

...here's the finished product!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Sweet, I didn't think you would have gotten the pics up this fast.

I'm definitely going to get one of these.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, I didn't think that you'd find this thread so fast! :laugh:

·
Registered
716 Posts
that looks crazy man. Good job Dave, I'm impressed

·
Registered
982 Posts
Good job! Looks great and very cool of you to be the tester on another part for the 6 club!

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
QUOTE (Egierda @ Aug 22 2008, 02:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1418683
My NRG harness bar was delivered yesterday. So, like most of you...I also went ahead and installed it about 32milliseconds after I had removed the packaging. Aside from the mounting hardware, the bar comes with a bag of assorted sized washers, spacers, and ring adapters to replace worn out/complement factory pieces. The stock bolts at the top of the B-pillar were reused, however new (longer) bolts needed to be purchased for the lower attachment points at the base of the B-pillar since the factory bolts were not long enough to accommodate both the harness bar vertical support and seat belt. Any fastener shop should be able to match the thread pattern for you if you simply remove the bolt and bring it in. Remember to use grade 8.8 or above bolts for this installation! Clearance was tight (about 1/4inch to spare) between the vertical support and the rear corner of the passenger bucket seat, however, the seat was at its rearward-most position on the slider. The bar is very sturdy; I was tugging and trying to move it around with my full body weight and it did not budge at all! There weren't any problems with the install sooooo...

[Be aware that the harness isn't wrapped/mounted to the bar yet. These pictures were taken BEFORE I started/finished that part.]

...here's the finished product![/b]

looks good bro.........one more winter mod, lol..........

you'll have to let me take a look at it when i come up to niagara falls in october. i'll have some more questions for you when i see you tho, not about the harness bar, but the seats.

also, not to thread jack, but................i have the exact dates when i'll be up there.....

October 4th - November 14th

hope to get up with you and your 6 club buddies up there while im there.

Anyway, love the harness bar

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot man! I'll give you the run down on anything and everything that you want to know about my car. :yesnod: I've also got a few questions about your car...headers!!!!!

I'll be sure to mark off my schedule..."The Great NY arrives!" :nana: We'll talk between now and then and try to plan out a little mini meet for when you get here.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Dave how much was the bar and can you link me where you got it?...I want this...the red sparco harness will def go well with your new autoexe wrapped steering wheel lol...looks sweet btw...

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh i agree! i haven't posted pics of it yet but you can kind of see the wheel in the background of one of the photos. IMO it looks amazing :yesnod:

btw, you've got a PM. :drive:

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Ah I saw it, very nice, I like lol...Nice ride man wish I can see this car in real though...

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, depending on how far you are from Niagara Falls...we could possibly meet up. The Great NY is coming up my way in the fall. We could all do a meet in the Falls? :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
The fam is planning a trip up there, ill def keep you posted...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts