Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tested my in dash last night and it worked perfectly. Today while I was installing it i blew a fuse on the in dash wiring harness that has it's own fuse box. I changed them out to the same fuses, and now my in dash won't turn on. :( It's like it's not drawing current.

What's going on? Please help. I've been working on this the entire day and my dash is apart.

PLEASE HELP! :70:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I tested my in dash last night and it worked perfectly. Today while I was installing it i blew a fuse on the in dash wiring harness that has it's own fuse box. I changed them out to the same fuses, and now my in dash won't turn on. :( It's like it's not drawing current.

What's going on? Please help. I've been working on this the entire day and my dash is apart.

PLEASE HELP! :70:
[/b]
installing what???? it just says IT, in the post above

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
he got a new indash screen, i read in other one of his posts the other day, im assuming thats what hes installing today.

·
Registered
76 Posts
he got a new indash screen, i read in other one of his posts the other day, im assuming thats what hes installing today.
[/b]
ahhhhh ok, i just saw it myself. Must have lost power, either on the red or yellow wire. And yellow is 12v+ all the time, and red is accesory 12v+ or possibly the ground. If you have those 3, then possibly the unit, which wouldnt surprise me, they have like a 40% return rate on them things

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the unit. I checked all of the wiring and fuses of the car, and nothing works. :( This really stinks.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I connected it to the positive terminal in my amp, and i put the ground to ground and accessory to accessory. And it just blew the fuse. I made sure that none of the wires touched. I don't know what went wrong. I'm really fristrated with the situation. >:O

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[attachmentid=16939]
Here in the circled areas is the copper plating and there's copper plating missing in between both contacts. Does that mean there's a short in the circuit board? How can I fix that if possible.
[attachmentid=16938]
Here's the front just for reference purposes.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
if the copper is 'missing' like you said, it would be an open not a short which will stop all current flow, depending on if your gonna return it and how advertureous you are you can try connected the copper pieces with solder or just holdin metal to it......... this is only worth tryin if u cant return it

better pics would help, cant really see what the circuit is doing

edit: just stared at the 2 pics for a while.... do you have a current indicator? (pointy thing with a lil bulb and a clip that lights up with any current)

From looking at the pics it looks like the copper corresponds to the metal attatched to the fuses/holders.

Take the current tester and put the clip to ground and hook up the circuit to power and test the power on the fuse holders (the metal lil clips that hold the metal parts of the fuse)
Naturally the one side of the fuseholders should definately have current through it, whether or not the fuse is blown. if NOT then the connection got ruined, and maybe the copper is what connects it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts