Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pics with Eibach.
However... I am taking them off and will replace with Megan Racing springs.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
For the Eibach pro-kit, the rears will look like it's sagging. Side effect of that particular kit. Also, you said at first it's a 1.4" drop, but after driving it's not 1/4" gap? Do you mean it dropped another 1/4"?

For the rear tires, if it points inward at the top and outward at the bottom, that's negative camber. Here's a better explaination of what toe/camber is: http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html

For some people, they had a wheel alignment done. For others, they didn't. If you want to be sure, wait a few more miles (like 100 or so), then go get an alignment.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the Eibach pro-kit, the rears will look like it's sagging. Side effect of that particular kit. Also, you said at first it's a 1.4" drop, but after driving it's not 1/4" gap? Do you mean it dropped another 1/4"?
For the rear tires, if it points inward at the top and outward at the bottom, that's negative camber.
For some people, they had a wheel alignment done. For others, they didn't. If you want to be sure, wait a few more miles (like 100 or so), then go get an alignment.
[/b]
Yes... after driving approx 15 miles it dropped 1/4" more. Is that normal of Eibachs? If not, how do I fix it?
Will aftermarket rear shocks slove this?

Will the alignment by itself fix the negative chamber??? (Looking at the tires from the back of the car, the top of tire is leaning inward).
Thanks again....

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
The rear camber can be adjusted, the front can not.

Nothing you can do about the car sagging, it sags on the regular Mazda6 which really has no weight in the rear end, on the speed I can imagine its horribly sagging.

You are going to need to replace your shocks anyways as those eibachs are going to kill the stock shocks very quick... so get some Koni's...

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Yes... after driving approx 15 miles it dropped 1/4" more. Is that normal of Eibachs? If not, how do I fix it?
Will aftermarket rear shocks slove this?

Will the alignment by itself fix the negative chamber??? (Looking at the tires from the back of the car, the top of tire is leaning inward).
Thanks again....
[/b]
As Wiggum has pointed out, there's nothing much you can do about the sagging in the rear except for changing out your eibachs for something like the AutoExe. No, aftermarket rear shocks will not solve the drop difference.

As for the alignment, having some negative camber is good. But if you want the tires to be straight up and down, yes, you can have an alignment to remove the negative camber.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys...
I did want the AutoEXE springs anyway (on my wish list, the $400 price tag is stopping me for now), but wanted to check out the Eibachs first and I have 14 days to decide.

Need recomendations...
How 'bout Teins springs? Which model has a stronger rate than Eibachs??
Or
Will this work... get adjustable Koni shocks at the rear and keep the Eibachs?? Or is this not possible and will need coilovers?

As long it does not harm the rear (except the shocks) I might just keep the Eibach. The springs only cost me $100, but I had to install it myself.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Won't the adjustable Koni (rear) increase the rear height a bit??

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm returning the Eibachs for Megan. Megan is linear and stronger spring rate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts