Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching the progress of the Nissan GTR for 5yrs I finally got one this week. I was sad to see my G35 Sedan go, but it didn't take more than a few days to forget all about it. The car's power is simply incredible, during the test drive I took it up to 120 and it accelerated so fast it actually made my head spin. It was kind of funny to see a GTO move to the slow lane to let me pass. It has all the best elements of my G35 (dash, fit and finish, etc) combined with power that is truly unbelievable.

My biggest complaints about my G35 was the notchy shifter (it was a 6MT version), and clutch vibration and harshness. Now I actually look forward to redlights just to be able to step on the gas, and the first mod I did was to mount my V1 Radar detector.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics attached. My only complaint so far is that the factory Nav sucks big time. So I added my trusty Garmin Nuvi from my G35.

Looks like due to size I can only fit one pic at a time.

Another pic - Engine Bay

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
is that beige interior?

B

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No the interior is black leather.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
That is one mean lookin ride. So much power too. Im not suprised ppl get outta the way. good luck have fun and be safe. Remember you ARE a cop magnet wit that for the cops that will even know what it is,lol

B

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (JerseyBoy357 @ Jan 23 2010, 08:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1631751
That is one mean lookin ride. So much power too. Im not suprised ppl get outta the way. good luck have fun and be safe. Remember you ARE a cop magnet wit that for the cops that will even know what it is,lol

B[/b]
Yea I prefer sleepers, so I seriously considered the RS4, but I'm just not a fan of Audi, so I decided to go all out instead, and just be even more mindful of who's around me. Its funny in the few days I've been driving it, seems like there is a cop every few miles and they all slow down and look right at me, not quite the results I expected. At least its not red, white, or yellow. I'm more about acceleration than power anyway, so the last time I checked its not illegal to go from 0-60 in 3.2 sec if the speed limit is 60 :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
QUOTE (diesel5599 @ Jan 23 2010, 02:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1631755
Yea I prefer sleepers, so I seriously considered the RS4, but I'm just not a fan of Audi, so I decided to go all out instead, and just be even more mindful of who's around me. Its funny in the few days I've been driving it, seems like there is a cop every few miles and they all slow down and look right at me, not quite the results I expected. At least its not red, white, or yellow. I'm more about acceleration than power anyway, so the last time I checked its not illegal to go from 0-60 in 3.2 sec if the speed limit is 60 :)[/b]

....and you dont have tires made of rubber that will paint the road most of the way and no cops within earshot,lol. ah youll be fine. Its an amazing machine, lots o thought put into it and balls out powerful. Once ppl know what it is, I dont think color will matter. the old days of speeding ticket red corvettes and yellow stop me 911's are over.

B

·
Registered
884 Posts
Ok let me get this straight...u went from a mazda 6 to a g35 to a gtr?.......wtf is that about hahahaha

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (Speedtown @ Jan 23 2010, 10:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1631766
Ok let me get this straight...u went from a mazda 6 to a g35 to a gtr?.......wtf is that about hahahaha[/b]
Actually I haven't had my Mazda 6 since 2006, got it in '03, traded it for my G35 in '06, and traded my G35 for the GTR this year. Usually every 3yrs I get something new.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Bad ass car.

·
Registered
651 Posts
:drool: That car is hot :) Any front shots with a better camera/bigger pics than the others? Tell me a lil about the motor.....

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (mpsanger6 @ Jan 24 2010, 02:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1631798
:drool: That car is hot :) Any front shots with a better camera/bigger pics than the others? Tell me a lil about the motor.....[/b]
The camera is a 7MP camera the problem is this site has a 250K file size limit so I have to make them a lot smaller to upload them to this site. I only took one front shot, unfortunately I did not bother closing the hood but I can take more tomorrow.

Specs are: (quoted from Edmunds.com)

The 2010 Nissan GT-R is powered by a 3.8-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine that generates 485 hp and 434 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed dual-clutch automated manual transmission routes this power to the ground via an advanced all-wheel-drive system. In testing, we've timed the GT-R (with the transmission reprogramming) from zero to 60 mph in 3.6 seconds. The quarter-mile flashes by in 11.6 seconds at 118.9 mph. Fuel economy, should you care, checks in at an EPA-estimated 16 mpg city/21 mpg highway and 18 mpg combined.

End Quote---------------

I am not sure what Edmunds meant by automated manual transmission, you can only get it as an automatic, but it does have a manual shift mode with paddle shifters. I haven't tried them yet though, it will be weird without a clutch, let alone paddles instead of a stick.

I've read a lot of material that states the car is grossly underrated in HP numbers. Most have agreed that it is not possible to move that fast given its rated HP numbers, curb weight, and dyno numbers. Most experts agree it is probably closer to 585HP. Additionally, the Skyline GTR has traditionally been 100HP underrated for insurance/tax purposes in Japan, many believe they continued this practice even when they shipped it to America.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sweet ride man! Congrats!

Just be carefull about using the launch control as I have heard that you can break the tranny and Nissan voids the warranty if you have used the L/C. I don't know why they would put a feature like that on a vehicle if they don't expect you to use it!!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
QUOTE (Earl of Pearl @ Feb 15 2010, 01:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637162
Sweet ride man! Congrats!

Just be carefull about using the launch control as I have heard that you can break the tranny and Nissan voids the warranty if you have used the L/C. I don't know why they would put a feature like that on a vehicle if they don't expect you to use it!![/b]
No longer an issue.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts