Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm new here, don't actually own a Mazda (don't hate me :p ) but was looking at respraying my car (Mitsubishi Colt) in Mitsubishi Eclipse Cherry Black, but its too light in my opinion. I then found out that Mazda has a similar colour, but darker, called Cherry Black Mica, on 04 MX5's/Miata's and some Mazdaspeed6's and RX8's.

This is EXACTLY the colour i've been looking for, and I KNOW some of you guys must own a Cherry Black Mica coloured car, sooo, post as many pics as you can of them in this thread :p

Also, if someone could supply me with the colour code that would be awesome. I'm not sure if the JDM Mazda's got this colour (can someone confirm?) and since we only get JDM cars here in NZ it will be a bit hard to get the right colour with just the name (i think?)

I've done a search and found one awesome pic, but thats it. Also Google is quite useless.

Thanks in advance! Been browsing through some threads looking at you guys cars for about an hour now. Love em! Keep it up!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate, thats what I was after :D

Such a hot colour :love:

Anyone got the colour code by any chance?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, cheers mate! :D

Black Cherry Metallic eh... i'm guessing this is exactly the same as Black Cherry Mica? Do you know if thats the actual Mazda code or just some code this company uses for their paints?

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
if you go to the site, it will list the actual colors by make of vehicle. Those are the colors as mine was the same as mazdas for a 04 steel gray metalic.

http://www.paintscratch.com/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup I saw that, was just wondering if that is the original Mazda paint code, or just a code that this company uses?

Sorry if that sounds stupid lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet as mate. Just that the people who are going to be painting it will want to know the Mazda paint code, and if I gave them some random code invented by this company, I doubt they'd be able to get it :p

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Mazda factory paint code: Blk Cherry Mica 28W

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i've got Black Cherry Mica on my Speed6. the code is 28W.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Awesome! Cheers guys!

USAF 6S, what do you mean, so your paint code isn't 28W?
[/b]
No. I have the 2006 V6. The color is called Dark Cherry and it is paint code 32m/hh. Researched the code to get my after market grill painted.
I believe the Speed has a different Cherry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh yup. It does look like it has more red in it aye, looks similar to the Eclipse/Talon cherry that I originally wanted to paint my car in...

·
Registered
151 Posts

THis is my new 6 and thats the Dark CHerry Mica. 06 Sport, Full Load, Navi and Beige Leather. My Fiance nearly Creamed when she saw the Colour Combo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts