Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the remote trunk release inside the 6? Normally, I think the release is on the floor near the driver seat. But on the 6, there is only the fuel door release at the place... I am wondering if anyone has a pic of the trunk release.

Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Reading Topic: pic of the remote trunk release

It is a button next to hood release handle.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Replying to Topic 'pic of the remote trunk release'

Originally posted by vwmonsoon

Here's the only pic that I can find.[/b]
hehe.. uhmm.. Thats they gas cap release to fill the car up with gas...

The trunk release is located in teh glove box compartment off to the far left side.

·
Registered
878 Posts

Originally posted by Absolut

Originally posted by vwmonsoon

Here's the only pic that I can find.[/b]
hehe.. uhmm.. Thats they gas cap release to fill the car up with gas...

The trunk release is located in teh glove box compartment off to the far left side.[/b][/quote]

In the glove box is the on - off switch for the trunk release. The drunk release is just below the dimmer dial, left side of wheel.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Is there a trunk release on the key remote? I'm just wondering because Mazda key remotes look kind of, well... cheap to me. It's like the same overly squarerectangular design from when my brother owned a '94 626.

·
Registered
878 Posts

Originally posted by robgtaasc

Is there a trunk release on the key remote?  I'm just wondering because Mazda key remotes look kind of, well... cheap to me. It's like the same overly squarerectangular design from when my brother owned a '94 626.  [/b]
Yes and No

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by robgtaasc

Is there a trunk release on the key remote?  I'm just wondering because Mazda key remotes look kind of, well... cheap to me. It's like the same overly squarerectangular design from when my brother owned a '94 626.  [/b]
This one? Overly Square?

·
Registered
262 Posts

Ok ok, so it's not as square as the older ones, no need to get snippy :p

In any case, those are definitely nicer than my brother's 626 remote but I still prefer the rounded remotes like Nissan's... eh, it's a stupid issue I know...

·
Registered
10 Posts

I believe the button in the glove compartment is just to disable the remote trunk release. At least on the USA models, I think you will find a trunk release button on the lower front panel to the left of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Originally posted by LBJay

[/b]
Heh, that's the same fob as the one for my 99 Protege, except for the fact that I don't have a remote trunk release.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts