Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After suffering the loss of my PIAA bulb in the integrated fog, I opted not to spend $60+ to replace it. So I decided to purchase a set of Luminics ($24).

Here is a side-by-side comparison of the PIAA Xtreme Whites (low beam) vs. Luminics Hyper Whites (intergrated fog).

May not be the best comparison in this application (low beam vs. intergrated fog), but it gives you perspective. Light output was difficult to judge given this constraint. If I get bored and a bit of courage to scratch my hand up again, I'll switch out one of the low beams with the fog so we can see a comparison of each bulb in the low beam socket.

Color: PIAA bulbs are rated at 4000, while the Luminics bulbs were rated at 5200. If you look closely, the intergrated fog has a bit more blue hue to it.

For your review:

[attachmentid=11963]

Attachments

·
Registered
932 Posts
Well, I guess since you aren't cool enough to get a response from ANYONE on the board, I will respond...

Looks HOT. Not sure which one I like better though. I dig the white but I like the blueish hue as well. I think I need some new bulbs now, great... thanks for making me spend more money.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Its funny cause one of My PIAA's blew a couple of weeks ago. I went to the local Advance autoparts just for a quick fix bulb so that i could drive at night. I picked up a Sylvania cheapo bulb ($6) and it looks and performs exactly the same. When looking at them, they look exactly the same and the light output is very tough tell apart. Makes me mad for spending like $60 for the PIAA's

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Luminics have terrible light output, PIAA is the best and sylvania will burn out real fast.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Sylvania Silverstars burn out quick, not the normal ones, and for a tenth of the price... I'll take em

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Thats just my experience, never buy luminics for sure tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
blackmagik_13
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing