Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how the PIAA spark 8000k's would compare to that of other non HID headlights around? I haven't gotten mine yet but I ordered a set of H1 and H3's for my hatch and i'm wondering if i spent too much on non HID's or are they worth it?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I think i read somewhere these were the closest match guys could find to match our mcculloch 6000k hids

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm that sounds nice lol. i'm hoping i like them since i did matching headlight/fog lights.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I'm worried about the light output since it's very blue. You might not be able to see clearly at night.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I also would be concerned with light oputput on an 8000K non-xenon bulb. My buddy runs 10000K xenons and I don't think they are as bright as my 55W PIAA Hyperwhite (or whatever they were called) bulbs, and those aren't xenon. Is the colour the look you are going for or just the white-ish HID look overall? I'll look at the bulbs I had on before my HIDs when I get home and let you know the specific name, they were very bright and looked quite a bit whiter than the stock bulbs did (though nowhere close to 6000K+)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm not worried about being able to see with these as i've seen a comparison of stock vs. these on an 06' ford fusion which is very similar to our setup. i'll have pics when i get em'. i am going for the bluish look these have but i've also been told they are brighter than the piaa hyperwhite's.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I don't think they are as bright as my 55W PIAA Hyperwhite (or whatever they were called) bulbs
[/b]
I concur. For the same power, you can see better with white than blue.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I concur. For the same power, you can see better with white than blue.
[/b]
just curious if you've used these exact bulbs? i only ask as they are like i said, supposedly brighter than any piaa non HID bulb.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I use the PIAA Extreme White not the spark blue. When I was shopping for bulbs, I was considering the spark blue but read reviews that they are dimmer than extreme white. If you think about it, it makes sense that the white is brighter than the blue for the same 55W power.

If you want the spark blue then go ahead and get it. It's your car! :)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I put them on our Tribute and they looked cool to me, she did not like the color but as far as light output, HORRIBLE!. Now I put a set of HIDs in and they were worth every penny. I put 8000K in because I already had the bulbs but if you are concerned with light output go with 4300K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts