Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but couldn't find anything. PIAA DENO4

The short of it is that I need all new fog lamp projectors because the ones that come with the sport package GB suck donkey balls. The whole is 3" round, but I simply can't find suitable replacements. And I really don't want to spend 200 dollars to do this. I could also care less if its lights up the road more. The ones that came with the kit didn't and I just have them for looks.

SOOOOO....what are your opinions on the Deno4. Would it look too cheesy? I'm not one for flashy stuff (yeah, this coming from the guy with the gold rims, you say!) but I think it might look ok.

Also, what about light output? Would it basically be nonexistent. And do you think I can just plug my 55w leads right into the back of the thing?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I searched but couldn't find anything. PIAA DENO4

The short of it is that I need all new fog lamp projectors because the ones that come with the sport package GB suck donkey balls. The whole is 3" round, but I simply can't find suitable replacements. And I really don't want to spend 200 dollars to do this. I could also care less if its lights up the road more. The ones that came with the kit didn't and I just have them for looks.

SOOOOO....what are your opinions on the Deno4. Would it look too cheesy? I'm not one for flashy stuff (yeah, this coming from the guy with the gold rims, you say!) but I think it might look ok.

Also, what about light output? Would it basically be nonexistent. And do you think I can just plug my 55w leads right into the back of the thing?
[/b]
the PIAA Deno4 uses LEDs??? i guess they are just for looks.... LEDs cant shoot very far... it's bright nearby, but wont shoot up far enough like a fog light should be

I found something much better. Optilux 1500 Free Form Driving Lamp Kit

Its slightly oval by 1/10th of an inch on all sides, but I think I'll get it shoved in there.
[/b]
and this optilux, i m assuming is the entry level? cz i've seen better optilux and it's real projector as opposed to reflector like the link you show'd us.. just my .02 :D

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might be right about them being cheap. I mean 20 bucks? But I just can't justify spending an additional 150 bucks on new projectors. I'd say my spending limit is maybe 50-60. Does anyone else have suggestions? I simply can not find a cost effective 3" lamp.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Hmm.... i've tried to look it for as well, but no luck and the higher end optilux is expensive like hell.... so good luck in ur search and let us know once u've found it !! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
t_mo_t
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing