Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have had my 6s for 2 weeks now and I want to change the headlight bulbs. I know that I will H1 for the high and low beams and H3 for the fogs and 194 for the parking lights. has anyone heard of any bad news about the Piaa series or should I wait for the Sylvania Silverstars. I do not have all the money to spend on the HID kits because from my knowledge you need 2 sets of H1's a set of H3 and a set of 194's to do the whole front headlights. Correct me if I am wrong. And if anyone has any opinions please let me know.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Reading Topic: Piaa Bulbs

High beams on 6 are not projectors so u don't want HID in them, Yellow lights provide better visibility during foggy weather that's why Lexus uses very yellow foggers, so u don't really need to convert them. 194 are not driving lights, either u can use HID for them even if u want to. So in the end, you only need one set of H1 and that's all. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Piaa Bulbs'

Originally posted by mpulse1

You've got your bulb types correct.

See http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/bulbs/superwh...superwhite.html  
for info on PIAA bulbs.

As soon as I get the rest of my order I'm replacing my bulbs with the following:  4 Osram +50 H1 (high & low); 2 Narva H3 gold (fogs); 2 Sylvania 2827 (type 194 parking lights).  [/b]
are the osram hid or what?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
mpulse1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing