Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

With the wife and I wanting to do different things to the car, we both just can't agree on certain things. So in helping with both of us to decide on a single solution, decided to make a template of a mazda6 to base exterior mods on.

Since just doing rim swaps wasn't enough, I wanted to see how tint would look, b-pillars, door guards, brake calipers, and gas cap. While I was at it I also decided I wanted to change the car colors and other things to.

At a click of a button I can change rims, color, door guards, calipers, tint, virtually any part of the car. (except for body kits, may do that later)

Right now I have 5 rim layers to choose from, and will be adding about 15 more in the next few days. (wife can't decide :sarc: )

I even put the mazda6club sticker on there since this persons car didn't have one.
(bad QuiQsV6, I did your car with the stickers below as it rightfully should :nana: )

I used a picture of QuiQsV6 since it was one of the best side shots of a steel grey I found and was easy to modify.

Anyways, I am including the template for those that want to play with it. If people want, I can do a quick "How-To use this Template" to show how to use it in photoshop. For those that know how, it isn't that hard. Basically just change the "layers visibility" for the mod you want on or off, and for color changes, just go to "layer effects" of a layer you want to change and go to "color overlar" and change your color.

I am adding alot of rims, and may tweak this template more as time goes on, adding vinyl or whatever else. But have fun. (let me know if you have questions or whatever)

Cheers.

(some of the shots came out really over saturated. ps color scheme got screwed up with my monitor and came out all weird lol. need to correct it :slap: )

Mazda6 Template 5.71Meg (you must have photoshop to use this template)

Original (with an added 6club sticker added to it :slap: )

Wife Likes this setup (slighty darker tint from original too)

Blue

Red

Copper

Black

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh. our car is getting dropped 1"

but for the ps template, it would require alot of work to make 17-19" tires, then about 3 different ride heights.

I just kept what Q had from the pic. I think he had 19" troubles on his car, and don't think no suspension changes either.

but the good thing about this template is you can change the look of the car in seconds, and you can tell if you like it or not which is what I was aiming for.

I could do all of this in flash and make it all dynamic including ride height and all, but I'm not getting paid for it, so whoever wants a free template, this is what they get :nana:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for those that use this template, I added a few things to it, updated it, and organized the layers in an easier to read format.

I added some of the stock paint colors, and matched them as best as I could from pictures here on the forums. White is one of the colors I can't seem to get right, and the speed yellow needs a little bit more work.

but download the template Here or in the top post.

eric, if you want you can add in whatever you want, i'll pm you with some details.

there is still only 5 rims in the template, but will be adding more with time. if someone has a specifc rim they want added let me know which rim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts