Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Welcome to the site and great job posting photos. You're bound to find a lot of info here and you're bound to get a lot of responses (like someone is bound to say: Lower it! :) ). Have fun and enjoy your 6. :drive:

You might want to place your location in your sig so we know where you're at.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site and great job posting photos. You're bound to find a lot of info here and you're bound to get a lot of responses (like someone is bound to say: Lower it! :) ). Have fun and enjoy your 6. :drive:

You might want to place your location in your sig so we know where you're at.
[/b]
Thanks

Yea I get the lower it comment a lot... havent decided if I want to or not. I hate to take any drivability from it as this is the car I get out everyday..rain or shine.

I have some unfinished plans for it. Id like to swap the grill over to the painted sport grill and tint the windows + maybe something to get a little more power from it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
lowering it would add to the driveability!! :yesnod: It will get rid of all the movement you get when you turn a corner hard, take off from a light quick, brake hard. It will limit the travel from the car. Basicly do it! one of the most popular sets of springs is Eibach Pro kit, there nice, I have them. CComes out to $224 from "www.therpmstore.com" One of our site sponsors.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lowering it would add to the driveability!! :yesnod: It will get rid of all the movement you get when you turn a corner hard, take off from a light quick, brake hard. It will limit the travel from the car. Basicly do it! one of the most popular sets of springs is Eibach Pro kit, there nice, I have them. CComes out to $224 from "www.therpmstore.com" One of our site sponsors.
[/b]

Ive checked out kits before... Im worried about getting the car low to the point that I will need to worry about drag. Had a lowered 1995 Toyota Supra once that drug over everything you thought about driving over and hated it.

Also- the car has a tendency already to drag the top of the tire on the inner fenderwell when hitting a corner or bump REAL hard already. (I stress real hard, bc its pretty rare.. usualy when Im playing on a 2 lane). I dont want this to get worse.

Thanks for the input..

·
Registered
475 Posts
The springs are the cheap part, its the shocks you have to get that are the more expensive part. Your stock shocks will wear out fast with the added load from lowering it. Once again refer to RPM for those aswell! Tein is the cheapest. I would suggest the koni adjustables. :welcome9: About the drag, what size tire you runnin?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The springs are the cheap part, its the shocks you have to get that are the more expensive part. Your stock shocks will wear out fast with the added load from lowering it. Once again refer to RPM for those aswell! Tein is the cheapest. I would suggest the koni adjustables. :welcome9: About the drag, what size tire you runnin?
[/b]

Not sure on the tire... but thats 18" wheel.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Roll those fenders and grab some mild springs like RB or Mazdaspeed and you'll be all set. No more rubbing, and no dragging.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
If you want a simple nice drop that still looks stock, Mazdaspeed Springs are a 1.5" drop in the front and 1.0 drop in the rear, probably the most simplest drops I've ever seen even when I've dropped my old cars. Because your car looks pretty base model on exterior, it'll be tuff to start making it look like most other 6's on here.... trust me, by you not really having any kind of ground effects or bodykit, a small drop won't hurt it at all....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice car and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Roll those fenders and grab some mild springs like RB or Mazdaspeed and you'll be all set. No more rubbing, and no dragging.
[/b]
Several have mentioned that before... Im not sure what that means? Care to go into it?

If you want a simple nice drop that still looks stock, Mazdaspeed Springs are a 1.5" drop in the front and 1.0 drop in the rear, probably the most simplest drops I've ever seen even when I've dropped my old cars. Because your car looks pretty base model on exterior, it'll be tuff to start making it look like most other 6's on here.... trust me, by you not really having any kind of ground effects or bodykit, a small drop won't hurt it at all....
[/b]
That doesnt sound bad, Ill check those out. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=39938

if you really get into it read up....I think it's the best thread in the forum just because I've always been a suspension fan. Definately worth reading!

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...58329&st=15

here's something to look at scroll down till you see more links, this was the last group buy on MazdaSpeed (MS) springs.
[/b]
Thanks for the links..I will honestly probably never mess with it. I'll probably change the grill and tint the windows and call it a day. Its just the DD, I spend money on too many other things.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
fyi - I've got the Mazdaspeed springs and the ride is smooooooth.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Does the steering wheel move on you when you hit a bump at Highway Speeds with your mazdaspeed springs?
[/b]
Not any more than it did before...at least, I can't tell that big of a difference.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Get a spoiler too! I think they make it look great!
[/b]
yes a spoiler would make the car look more sporty, not like naked lol. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts