Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
This is a rather pointless post but I am just going to post two photos of my 2015 Mazda 6.
I replaced all 4 tires with the Michelin sports (i love them), I darkened my 2015 silver rims to a darker gun metal gray like the 2016, but its more of a smoke grey really. It is hard to capture in photos for some reason, especially with any sunlight. In the second photo, the way the back tire looks is more true to how the car looks in real life.
I also finally ended up tinting it.

What do you guys think?
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi everyone,
This is a rather pointless post but I am just going to post two photos of my 2015 Mazda 6.
I replaced all 4 tires with the Michelin sports (i love them), I darkened my 2015 silver rims to a darker gun metal gray like the 2016, but its more of a smoke grey really. It is hard to capture in photos for some reason, especially with any sunlight. In the second photo, the way the back tire looks is more true to how the car looks in real life.

What do you guys think?
Thanks.
2015’s represent!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks great! I've always been partial to subtle changes like this. Even if noone else knows that it's modified / not factory, people seem to notice that for "some reason" your car looks really nice. :wink2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sexy!!!!

Hi everyone,

What do you guys think?
Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm no fan of the moonroof deflector, but it looks clean all the same! :thumbup:
This will probably sound stupid but i am just now noticing that the moon roof deflector is something i never notice in photos of 6's.
Like looking at photos of them, I never notice that other cars mostly do not have them. The deflector was worth it to me because of the fact
that i barely notice it lol so the moon roof was a positive gain for me!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice! What % tint did you do? Shop tells me 35% is the darkest legal in Georgia.
You have a 5 percent advantage there haha. I am in Louisiana and our legal tint is 40%.
I put 35% on the front windows and back windshield. I put 20% on the rear windows.
I figured that 5% difference will be hardly noticeable to cops. Not enough to stop me, and only possibly if i'd get stopped for speeding or anything else.
It looks darker against the black car. I'd do this set up if I were you. I know a lot of people like going darker and i get that, but I didn't want to jeopardize seeing outside of my windows at night, especially if you're in a rural area where you don't have many street lights.
A lot of people with illegal tint will flat out tell you that they have trouble seeing at night backing up and stuff if they do 20 percent on the back window or cant even see at all (5%). To me, the difference wasn't worth the risk of damaging my rims or possibly just hitting anything else.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
OceanMetTheSky
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing