Mazda 6 Forums banner

photochop???

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Mazda0to6ty 
#1 ·
where can i buy this at and how much should it cost???? Are there any free versions? what's some of the good photochop programs.

thanks,
Jose

#4 ·
:yesnod: ....yep....anything you can think if........

The Normal price I believe is a whopping $80-$90 (Correct me if I'm wrong for the people who DO HAVE PHOTOSHOP) I dont......

but ya...may be best to get this on E-bay....Just make sure you have everything included in the package. :D

#5 ·
it's better to get one of the cheaper ones like elements 4.0 (thats wat i use) on ebay for $35 but if you are really into it there's always Photoshop 7.0 or CS2, but those are about $500-$600 o_O but you can probably find some place to download it for free :D

remember, photoshop doesnot design the stuff for you, it is mearly a tool (a very good tool :D ) that allows you to modify pictures with your own ideas, kinda like a really advanced MS Paint. The more you can master perspective and all that fun stuff, the better and more realistic your chops will turn out. check out my DeviantArt (in my sig) for some of my stuff, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask :)

#6 ·
cool thanks man. so that program will allow me to design paint schems and put it on the mazda6?????
[/b]
Just so you know, having the program doesn't allow you to do anything of the sort. YOU have to have the ability to do it. Its learnable, but not something you'll pick up in an afternoon. It will take practice, patience, and probably a lot of frustration initially. Make sure you are prepared for that before comitting yourself to buying the program.

Also, Adobe Photoshop is not as cheap as everyone would have you believe: Newegg Sells It For $570. Adobe Elements won't really do everything you need I don't think, though it is much cheaper.

#7 ·
Adobe Elements is solely for video editing... no?

And yes, Photoshop isn't something just anyone's going to be good at it. I personally suck at PS big time... I mean BIG TIME. And its got nothing to do with how computer savvy you are. I have a Comp Sci degree and can't even create a decent chop.

My buddy who's just a highschool grad, with a tiny bit of community college, is a total master at PS.

It really boils down to this: if you can do amazing things with paper and pencil (old school) then you'll pick up PS quickly and will do really well. If you're hopeless with pencil and paper like I am, having PS will make no difference whatsoever.

#8 ·
Yeah its more of an art tool then anything. If you don't have any artistic qualities it could be challenging to create the effects you see on this forum. Practice makes perfect and man do I need practice.

#10 ·
Just so you know, having the program doesn't allow you to do anything of the sort. YOU have to have the ability to do it. Its learnable, but not something you'll pick up in an afternoon. It will take practice, patience, and probably a lot of frustration initially. Make sure you are prepared for that before comitting yourself to buying the program.

Also, Adobe Photoshop is not as cheap as everyone would have you believe: Newegg Sells It For $570. Adobe Elements won't really do everything you need I don't think, though it is much cheaper.
[/b]
... so besically you said what i just said in a different way... :D

but it is all very true! i think it took me about 5 -6 months to really get the hang of it, and then it took me another 6months to get to where i am today. the first step is understanding photoshop. then you must understand perspective and all that fun stuff to really get the car right and to it justice. and just as zoomzoomfan said "if you can do good stuff with pencil and paper your most likely to do good with PS, if you cant your most likely not gunna be able to"

and by the way, i use elements for almost everything i do, except a few effects. but if you summed up all my work, about 96% of it is done in elements. Why? 1) because thats all i have at my house (i have 7.0 at my dad's office and at school) and 2) it is a more simplified way to photoshop.

true, unfortunately there is no pen tool and it does lacka few things 7.0 has, but i personally beleive it is much easier to handle, for beginners and advanced choppers alike (and it's cheaper)

id suggest starting with elements 4.0 to get started, and if you really start getting into it you can invest in 7.0 later... or just download it for free off limewire :p

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.