Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed alot of ppl are from the philly area i just got a MS6 and havent seen any other speed 6s around im kinda in the sticks straight down RT1 almost to MD i was wondering what track do you ppl go to if any there is a decent dragstrip about 10 minutes from me would be around a 30 min drive from philly staright down 95

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Only one in the area I know of is ATCO speedway in ATCO. ITs right off rt73 in NJ. Just take Tacony/Palmyra bridge

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which strip are you referring to?
[/b]
cecil county dragstrip rising sun exit just inside of MD how far is the atco raceway from philly?
this one is kinda country but still very active with events almost every weekend

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Atco is located in Englishtown, NJ. Near exit 8 or 9 of the NJ turnpike. That's the only one I know of as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Atco is located in Englishtown, NJ. Near exit 8 or 9 of the NJ turnpike. That's the only one I know of as well.
[/b]
How far is Atco from Philly?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I would say about 1 hour 15 minutes or so...it's not that far but not that close either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would say about 1 hour 15 minutes or so...it's not that far but not that close either.
[/b]
Damn well if some of you philly ppl wanna try this track out i think it would be closer for you and its easy to get to straight down 95 Cecil County Dragway

·
Registered
366 Posts
Damn well if some of you philly ppl wanna try this track out i think it would be closer for you and its easy to get to straight down 95 Cecil County Dragway
[/b]
http://www.maplegroveraceway.com/eventschedule.asp

IN morgantown or around that area. i think you can cut over to the PA turnpike from Rising sun area, not sure though.

Havent done it yet.. Have an MS6 myself, new TMIC comming for Christmas!

·
Registered
592 Posts
soon as the winter is over ill roll up there with you. gonna try and get alot done on the car over the winter. hopefully i make it till after christmas before snow cuase my truck is a pos lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
while we are on the philly burb topic, anyone in the area have access to fender rolling? My 6s needs it desperately as my 18's are rubbing and it is possibly the most saddening sound you can ever hear. Im located in Ft. Washington, PA about 3 minutes from the Ft. Washington Expo center. Ill be back from school from December 14-21st if anyone can help me between those days or just give me a shop in the area. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
592 Posts
lol i grew up in ft wash. go up 309 north to 202 (5 points intersection) make a right and goto countyline road and behind the wawa there is a tires plus and A car shop Exotic Koncepts. www.exotickoncepts.net if you want number and all that. i work there so can work out some kinda deal. call tomorrow if you like

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I used to live in Warrington and been up to the tire plus a few times! Well, I still don't live that far. Plymouth Meeting now...

·
Registered
592 Posts
yeah we are in the same building as them. im in warrington myself by the fridays

·
Registered
592 Posts
lol well if streetunit gives me a good deal ill be ordering a carbon fiber hood, cpe downpipe,greddy bov,battery tray,greddy turbo timer,motor mount,eibach pro kit, next week.... so by january ill have that done. ordered mazdaspeed cai today from mazda. so Bring It lol :p

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah, I think the downpipe, less weight, and stiffer springs will give you a slight advantage ;-)

I have the magnaflow (dosent do crap really) and a 3" TMIC (christmas present). I plan to go with the ATP downpipe with cats once available.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts