Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Philly Auto Show: Mitsu Lancer

It definitely looks MUCH better than the present Lancer, which looks like a soap bar with lights on...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Philly Auto Show: Mitsu Lancer'

I notice they finally decided to add a moonroof to that car. Smart move on their part. Now if only Subaru would figure out that these are *not* rally cars and they *are* daily drivers, they might add one to the wrx as well. Lack of a moonroof is a big turnoff for me.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Good call on the moonroof, and yeah - the car actually doesn't look that bad; much better than the WRX IMO.

·
Registered
432 Posts

Speaking of too little, what about that tiny 12.7 gallon gas tank in the EVO. You'll be lucky to get 200 miles from a full tank.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Mmmh, not my kind of thing with that rear 'wing'. I wonder why they don't build a decent 'standard' version that doesn't come with that racer boy image. This would help Mitsubishi to increase sales. Why only the Evo?

Marketing guys. :thumbdn

·
Registered
96 Posts

Put a giant "La Raza" decal on the windshield, a Calvin pissing in the rear window, maybe a few superfluous "Type R" badges and a muffler tip the diameter of a softball...then maybe I'd like it.

[/sarcasm]

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Hate that it is so small. It has the line of a car in the same size as the 6 for instance, but it's to short to fit in them...
The same with the Impreza. Looks like a very short and high Skyline...

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I'd think he's refering to the guys and gals at Mitsubishi who descide who to market the things, in whitch market it will be marked, and what it will be marked as :D.

IE the guy that desiced this car is sporty, this car should be a pizzavan, this is a car for the large family with giant hamster ect. :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

No guess not. :) Felt that I had to go between and save the poor guy before you ate him :)

Then then he was out of harms way :) Fine

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Originally posted by Driver6
Marketing guys. :thumbdn[/b]
You mean me? That's what I do for a living...:sarc [/b][/quote]

I'm a marketing guy myself, I graduated in business management. It's just that some people wouldn't see a market, if it hits them with a pole. BTW: You don't build cars, do you? ;)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Philly Auto Show: Mitsu Lancer'

Guys, putting on the wing and hood vents is not a marketing decision per se. The Evolution series was originally a homologation vehicle for the World Rally Championship. The wing and hood vents, along with the fender blisters, brembo brakes, recaro seats, and AWD drivetrain are all part of its rally heritage. The Altezza taillights on the other hand...

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Restaurant owners wouldn't let you in anymore if they knew that you'd be driving a car like this. In that case the rear spoiler might come in very handy as it might suit as table for your cola cups at the drive in. The only place where you'll still be allowed to eat...:D :D :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts