Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car is incredibly gorgeous in the flesh. There was a bit of a debate, and I agree coupes may be pointless, but damn do I like this car.

And the debate on the interior...the interior surely isn't as nice as a lot of what's out there, but it's not too bad...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Reading Topic: Philly Auto Show: Infiniti G35 Coupe

Im just not feeling the G coupe. Im sure Im one of the few people out there not salivating over it, but it just does nothing for me.

If I were looking for a sport/luxury coupe, I couldnt see buying this over the 330ci. But, thats just me :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Yeah. It says New Maxima all over it. The new one that we all hate so much :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I really like the outside but the interior doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

the interior isnt that bad imo, especially the gauges and how they tilt with the steering wheel :)

id get the sedan

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

and atleast it doesnt have those ugly pod style gauges that the new maxima, 350z, and the altima have

·
Registered
18 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Philly Auto Show: Infiniti G35 Coupe'

The exterior of the coupe is drop-dead gorgeous IMHO. The 18" wheels, Brembo brakes (used on Ferraris); smooth 6-speed, rear wheel drive, and the growl from that 280 hp 246 lb-ft of torque engine more than compensate over the somewhat pedestrian interior.

So far it's my top choice for a new ride... with the Mazda 6 hatchback second and the RSX type S third... all I have to do is swing a lease on the US$35K beast :) I also considered the Honda S2000, but decided it really wouldn't be that enjoyable for everyday driving unless it was wound-out most of the time... not as fun as my old 10th anniv. Miata...

Actually, the G35 Coupe probably wouldn't end being that much more $ than the Mazda6 hatchback... after updating the Mazda6's wheels/tires, taillights, h.i.d. headlights, exhaust, etc. to make it something truely special... no changes needed whatsoever in my opinion to the G35 coupe... even the audio gets rave reviews!... although 95% of the time I'd have the windows down listening to the engine roar!!)

There are definitely some great cars out there... it will be tough deciding.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I don't see the problem that people have with the Infiniti interiors. Some of the ergonomics are a bit quirky, like the inboard seat controls, but otherwise I think they're rather elegant. Not to my taste personally, but I could see the appeal. If I were buying a G35, I'd definitely go with the sedan. The coupe is very hot looking, but I'm just not feeling the whole coupe thing. The sedan is very attractive, and several times more practical than the coupe.

·
Registered
18 Posts

A minivan or an suv is more PRACTICAL too... but, like the sedan, they don't drive, or look the same as the coupe. They just don't have a sports car feeling to me.

I agree coupes aren't for everyone, but if you don't have kids to put in the back seat, then why not enjoy a sportier vehicle?

(I'd LOVE a 2-door Mazda6!!) :)

·
Registered
68 Posts

If I could get the 6-speed Coupe......my life would be complete.
However, the interior is lacking.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I sat in the G35 sedan and played around a little and I wasn't really dissapointed, but I wasn't impressed either. It was ok. There's something about this new steering wheel design that Nissan has come up with though that I don't like. Those buttons and the brushed alluminum or plastic that they're on just look real cheap IMO.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Maybe Infiniti will adapt the new Maxima steering wheel on the next iteration... it is a vast improvement in looks over the current G35.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

It's odd...I wonder if they were trying for "sporty" and wound up with "cheap" because the interiors of their other cars (I35, etc.) are quite nice.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Philly Auto Show: Infiniti G35 Coupe'

Oh, that was neat - your picture wants me to log in with a passport account.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Philly Auto Show: Infiniti G35 Coupe'

The wheel is really nice though the grey has a "Chevy" look.. The center console seems nice though.

I really HATE this cars styling. As someone said before me - it looks like a Maxima... Blaa.. Now the ol' fine Skyline was ten times more beutiful then this peace of shit :D. Even the sedan looked nice, almost like a Cadillac Seville STS! And the R34... That was power defined. It had a big butt but it was sooo nice :D

Don't get Nissan any more... The new Primera looks like a ..stone... Blah :D

·
Registered
18 Posts

re: Blackbird

I definitely think you are in the minority in thinking the coupe looks bad! That baby looks sweet to me... (and it works even better than it looks). Here's another pic:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Philly Auto Show: Infiniti G35 Coupe'

1. Those front lights are hideous
2. I don't like cars that just "slopes" in the rear.... IE there is no clear defeniton of what is boot and what is rear window/c-pillar.

And on your pic it's very obvious that the front is a Mercedes rip off :)D Probably not, but it's is very suspicius looking).

I jsut find it boring and plain. Nothing that stand out, no aggresivnes what so ever.. Like a Prelude, just this thing doesn't look as sporty...

Now this is the old sedan - even the sedan looks sportier and more attrative then this..thing

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I agree coupes aren't that very nice. I prefer 4-door or 5-door cars... :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts