Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it accomplish anything to start a petition to try to entice Mazda to release the hatch in the states along with the sedan?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Petition?'

No, it probably wouldn't. The reason the hatch comes later is that they have to build new production lines at the Flat Rock facility. Every new body means a new line, and they can only start one up at a time...

But perhaps the overwhelming response to the introduction of the car elsewhere makes them speed up things. You can only hope.

I know you need your car like in - december? Well, if I were you - I'd hang on to my present car for a bit longer if that's what it takes. I've seen the 6 - it's simply worth it.

You'd end up hating yourself if you bought something else...wouldn't like that to happen, would we now?;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'Petition?'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Steve 6er


            No, it probably wouldn't. The reason the hatch comes later is that they have to build new production lines at the Flat Rock facility. Every new body means a new line, and they can only start one up at a time...

But perhaps the overwhelming response to the introduction of the car elsewhere makes them speed up things. You can only hope.

I know you need your car like in - december? Well, if I were you - I'd hang on to my present car for a bit longer if that's what it takes. I've seen the 6 - it's simply worth it.

You'd end up hating yourself if you bought something else...wouldn't like that to happen, would we now?;)[/b]
If it were up to me, I'd be tempted to wait for the hatch. Or the RX8. :D

But it's not up to me (totally). It will be the familymobile that my wife will drive alot. And she won't wait.

Hopefully, from what I've heard, at least we'll be able to get our hand on the sedan. It's just that the hatch would be soooo perfect. I looked at a Protege5, and love the idea of a hatch. But it's still an econobox. I have an econobox now, and don't think I'd get another. It's smaller inside (obviously) but even outside of that, they just aren't as refined as the sedans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Petition?'

QUOTE
            No, it probably wouldn't. The reason the hatch comes later is that they have to build new production lines at the Flat Rock facility. Every new body means a new line, and they can only start one up at a time...[/b]
The Flat Rock plant has a flexible body shop. All 3 body styles will come off the same line. My best guess for the delay of the hatch and wagon is projected sales. Sedans tend to sell better in the US than hatches or wagons. My recommendation is that we all complain about the delay for the hatch to people that can help influence Mazda's decision. They have the ability, all they need now is the motivation to do it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,690 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Petition?'

QUOTE
Originally posted by applejax

But it's not up to me (totally).  It will be the familymobile that my wife will drive alot.  And she won't wait.  [/b]
Why not buy a used beater for the meantime, and wait for your model to come out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replying to Topic 'Petition?'

QUOTE
Originally posted by Gujustud


            QUOTE
Originally posted by applejax

But it's not up to me (totally).  It will be the familymobile that my wife will drive alot.  And she won't wait.  [/b]
Why not buy a used beater for the meantime, and wait for your model to come out?[/b][/quote]

Don't think I could talk my wife into that... We may be waiting for the sedan as it is. :p
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top