Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like in the not too distant future there will be one more company to offer parts for the Speed6.

Thank you for asking and the information. after producing a successful line of parts for the MazdaSpeed Protege we continue to pursue performance offerings for other MazdaSpeed models. Look for new products and a new PERRINPerformance.com website launch in October.

Thanks again!

PERRIN TECH DEPT.
8130 SW. NIMBUS AVE.
BEAVERTON, OR 97008
503-643-4677 VOICE
503-644-9857 FAX.
[email protected]
WWW.PERRINPERFORMANCE.COM[/b]
This is very promissing considering they were the first to come up with a complete GT30 and GT35 kit for the WRX and STis

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
It looks like in the not too distant future there will be one more company to offer parts for the Speed6.
This is very promissing considering they were the first to come up with a complete GT30 and GT35 kit for the WRX and STis
[/b]
old news... :nana:

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have stopped by myself and they aren't too enthusiastic about products for it. I even had another performance shop call them (a distributor) and they told him they may in the future but haven't started any work as of yet.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I have stopped by myself and they aren't too enthusiastic about products for it. I even had another performance shop call them (a distributor) and they told him they may in the future but haven't started any work as of yet.
[/b]
Could they "borrow" your car for a week or two for the greater good?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Perrin has nothing in the works for the Speed6 yet.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Could they "borrow" your car for a week or two for the greater good?[/b]
Already offered this summer as I could drive the miata around in the summer and they didn't really care. Now that the rainy season is approaching I won't be able to do that. I talked to them again in the middle of August and they just keep saying the same thing. "We don't have any projects on it yet but maybe in the future"

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Ass-bags.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Like it matters. Do you know how lucky we are right now? We will have shortly multiple choices for intercoolers, exhausts and hopefully tuning capabilities. Coming from a Mz6, that is freaking incredible. If Perrin isn't interested enough, fuck 'em.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Backtrack some 8 months earlier.....we had none at all....so, I consider we are doing rather well within this short lifespan so far.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Like it matters. Do you know how lucky we are right now? We will have shortly multiple choices for intercoolers, exhausts and hopefully tuning capabilities. Coming from a Mz6, that is freaking incredible. If Perrin isn't interested enough, fuck 'em.
[/b]

Damn. I guess that hit Davey's soft spot there..lol

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Soft spot perhaps. I, like many other 6 owners, have a keen sense of disappointment in the lack of aftermarket parts for our car. I was strung along for the past 3 years with the talk of Company X of doing this or that in the near future and then nothing.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I think it has a lot to do with the new DISI systems on cars. Even the german cars that have direct injection don't have much out yet.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
God forbid they learn something new and take on a challenge or anything...

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
God forbid they learn something new and take on a challenge or anything...
[/b]
The Research would cost them too much money for a product that can't even leave the dealer floors....

Come on dude gotta think.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Thought about it dude. By 2010, ther will be 10 times more direct injected cars than there are now. Makes sence to go ahead and figure it out.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
so it's long term Vs Short term....

I say Short term profits pay the bills...Money put into an uncertain future, not really smart...Especially since Other companies are making products for our cars.

10 direct injected vechiles in 2010...Not worth it dude...

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I said 10 TIMES. There is all ready quite a few. Ford is talking as if they will be moving to di permanently and indefinately in the very near future. Acura is moving to an all di platform, as well as vw and audi. Toyota is toying with it in their Lexus and Yaris vehicles. BMW is working on it for future use. Just to name a few...

It's pretty certain that there will be ALOT of di cars in the near future. It makes sence too. They can be safely built for power (due to it's much less violent tendancies), or for economy (the one ford is working on should be capable of 35-45 mpg).

Just because Mitsubishi, Subaru, and Nissan don't seem interested doesn't mean it's not worth it. A company like Perrin could get ahead of all others in the game in a matter of weeks if they would try.

·
Registered
532 Posts
For what I have learned, I am happy that we have some aftermarket mods for our Speed6. I wouldn't mind more competition out there though. Better for us the consumer.... We have to wait and see what happens. But for now, with the bolt ons and have fun with our cars. Soon enough, there will be more out there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts