Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks really good !

Did you use a cleaner first? NTX has no cleaner in it at all. I just got some the other day, I was told by the Maguiars rep to use a cleaner fist then use the wax. Because it's a synthetic there are no cleaning properties at all in the wax.

Just asking because I have a Performance white one too. I'm thinking about buffing it out first with a cleaner then waxing it. I'm not sure yet! ( If it ever stops raining here! )

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
or just use dawn as a cleaner.

dawn wash, claybar, polish, wax :)

dont use the cleaner wax that meguiars has, its a kinda 2 in 1 product for the lazy, its a cleaner and a wax, kinda wacked out.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Looks really good for a white car - the hardest color to make look great.

Good job!

:)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks really good !
Did you use a cleaner first? NTX has no cleaner in it at all. I just got some the other day, I was told by the Maguiars rep to use a cleaner fist then use the wax. Because it's a synthetic there are no cleaning properties at all in the wax.
Just asking because I have a Performance white one too. I'm thinking about buffing it out first with a cleaner then waxing it. I'm not sure yet! ( If it ever stops raining here! )
[/b]

I washed with dawn first to clear off the old wax, I have sections that I need to spend some time on. It was getting ready to rain when I was finishing up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I used the NXT for the first time yesterday on my Copper 6. Mirror finish... :love:

I took some cool pictures afterwards where you can see the reflection of my yellow lab in the car. Great product.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks good. I also have performance white and use NXT ... and I think it looks great! Good wash, clay bar, and some NXT looks great IMO. Never tried Zaino (mostly due to price), but I'm too happy with NXT to bother. I love the stuff.
I just wish there was something to stop the paint from chipping if a grain of sand hits it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I used the NXT for the first time yesterday on my Copper 6. Mirror finish... :love:

I took some cool pictures afterwards where you can see the reflection of my yellow lab in the car. Great product.
[/b]

Post the pics!
Hot looking car dream.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'll post pics tomorrow... :D
[/b]

Blazing Copper + NXT.....I apologize for the pics being a bit blurry...it was getting dark outside.

Passenger side with my dog in the backyard...yellow lab

Passenger side looking rear...

rear end..

Drivers side...

Simply a great product...NXT! :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Should I even wax my car?
I live in texas, and it's hot as hell here, some people told me not to even bother waxing it
-Fuzzy

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Should I even wax my car?
I live in texas, and it's hot as hell here, some people told me not to even bother waxing it
-Fuzzy
[/b]
It's even more important in hot, sunny areas. You need to protect the paint from UV rays, which fades the color and causes the paint to age faster!

Wax will also protect the finish from bird shit, tree sap and road crud like tar and oil. And, when you drive on the highway it will make those damned bugs easier to remove from the nose and hood! (And I know there are a lot of bugs hitting a car in the summer in Texas!)

AND, finally, it makes the car look sooooo much better!

Please, wax it with a good, high quality wax. You won't be sorry and your car will appreciate it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
Modcon
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing