Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i was just wondering... i have been looking for some performance mods for my 2009 and i havnt been able to find anything.
i was just wondering if anyone else has? or if you have heard anything about when something will be coming out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm fairly certain there will be a CAI at some point as various companies have stated they are working towards one but I don't how long it will be if you're talking about the US version of the car. Aside from that you can add a K&N for that whole 1HP it might give you and you could lower it with the Eibach springs for some handling gains.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah there is only a few things you can get done to the car unless you do it custom... So far everything that has come out for the 2009 M6 3.7L i have on my car..

·
Registered
1 Posts
there is a ram air intake system and sport filters from AutoExe and also mufflers but they are made for the Japanese version maybe the ram air intake system will fit on the us version but for my knowing the kandn drop in filter us version differs in size to the non us version so maybe there different..
u can email them and order and they will ship it to you :drive:
http://www.autoexe.co.jp/english/car/Atenza%28GH%29/GH.html

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
i don't know if the issue was confirmed with the 6 or not, but on the new 3 the ecu has some code in it that locks it up if it sees a raise in tq levels. So even an intake on the new 3 was sending the car into limp mode. I know they are starting to figure out the ecu on the 3, but not sure if anyone has played with the 6 yet.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Holy farking lame batman! I was hoping that the 2.5 in the Mazda 3 was going to start drawing kits in :( Dang.

I'm on a holy quest to get swaybars come hell or high water. Did a LOT of (heh heh heh) unofficial testing and discovered that long-hard cornering was what was bothering me the most.

Had a shop tell me to sell the 2009 and buy an old MS6 (WTF are these guys smoking?) when asking to have them build a custom turbo setup. Found a lot of places in the area only do the prepackaged crap even though they say they fab stuff.

-Ernie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
djquik1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing