Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shweet!

Nice to hear this, I'll add your site to the links... things have been pretty hairy around where I am, so I do applogise for the lack of updates... but hopefully I'll get some time, or get someone to help out with some updates.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Duratec 4?

It just so happens that the Atenza/6 comes with either the Duratec 4 cylinder or Duratec 6 cylinder engines.[/b]
I thought the 4 cylinder was a new engine designed and built by Mazda? I know Ford has designated Mazda as their "center of excellence" for 4 cylinder engines and will be using and building the I4's themselves, but I clearly got the impression that this line of engines was brand new and separate from the Duratec line.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Mazda developed this new line of 4 Cylinder engines but they retain the Duratec name. You are right though, these are brand new from the ground up.

MAZDASPEED? nope...and I dont expect them to be in touch with me either. I am sure they are going to do their own thing and what not, like the Protege, but we will offer our own parts for both engines/models and every other Mazda/Ford vehicle that comes equipped with a Duratec engine.

What I really need to do is get my hands on a Mazda6 before they are released to the public. I have a full page of tests that I want to do with one and I want to R&D parts for them before they even hit the streets. But i doubt Ford will let us do that..... So we'll just have to go out and buy our own Mazda6 and use it as our travelling bill board for our parts....

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Thanks for the link Nikolas-very informative. So it looks to me like Ford will call it the Duratec "X", while Mazda has yet to come up with a good name. Maybe they'll call it the "4" :p
What needs to happen for Gasoline Direct Injection to become a reality here in the US? Do we just need to get the oil companies to improve the refinement process like we're doing with diesel? Have you heard any more about the turbo versions (aka MazdaSpeed versions)?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Well, there is rumor of an AWD 2.3L Turbo 275hp version of the Mazda6....but we will see if that ever comes out....if Ford has any say in it, it will never happen...Ford is stupid like that....

For the Direct Injection, i have no idea....i havent been following up on that lead...

Nikolas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Performance Parts for the Mazda6'

Will DuratecPerformance be coming out with Turbo kits for the Mazda6 automatics? Either Sedan or Hatch?

Thanks

·
Registered
577 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Performance Parts for the Mazda6'

As a matter of fact, yes we will be. I still have not decided which model I want to purchase for persnonal use. I would really like to wait for the Hatch to come out, but that isnt until next summer. We really need to get a car in the shop as soon as they hit the show room floors and start working on a 2.3L Turbo Kit.

If anyone is in SoCal and knows they will be getting a 2.3L Mazda6 this winter and would like to help us make a turbo kit, then please let me know.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Nikolas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts