Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, how are u all doin?

I was scouring the net looking for 0-100kph times for the 6. I managed to come across these figures! Very very interesting.

0-30 mph 2.50 s
0-40 mph 4.00 s
0-50 mph 5.40 s
0-60 mph 6.80 s
0-70 mph 9.40 s
0-80 mph 11.70 s
0-90 mph 14.20 s
0-100 mph 18.50 s

...0-60mph (0-100kph) in 6.8 seconds? Wow, if thats the case, i think i'll be very very happy launching the car from traffic lights! Bring it on you WRXs! But honestly, i dont think it can do 6.8 seconds, i've come across 8.9s to 100kph on other websites, and that sounds more believable.

enjoy

·
Registered
67 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Performance Figures'

Originally posted by alexchu

But honestly, i dont think it can do 6.8 seconds, i've come across 8.9s to 100kph on other websites, and that sounds more believable.

enjoy[/b]
6.8, more or less, is what I've heard. That's for the V-6 version, anyway. 8.9 seconds is probably for the 4-cylinder.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: Performance Figures

the figures are of the Mazda6s, and not the 6i. I dont know the difference between the s or the i, cos they dont exist in Australia

can somebody explain?

·
Registered
231 Posts

Yeah but you'd pay for it. They seem to put a heavy premium on any V6's. IE the premium on the V6 vectra is huge.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

actually, a consolation for not getting the v6 in Australia is that we do get the japanese-build hatch, wagon, sedan. Poor Americans are still waiting!

but, it does seem unreasonable that we dont have a v6, whereas there already is a camry and accord v6, and 5-speed automatic. I am most peeved about the unavailability of the 5-speed auto.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: Perfo

Not exactly... 0-60 mph is 0-96 kph, a 110 kph would be 68.75 mph

:p

·
Registered
315 Posts

I beieve C&D's 0-60 is 6.7 seconds for the V6 6s. Decent but well behind the Altima 5 speed which hit a sub 6 second 0-60. I don't recall the numbers for a V6 Accord coupe with a 6spd. I am going to test drive one this week though. And I think the V6 6 with 5 spd. is still quicker to 60 than the Accord V6 automatic, but then that's not a direct comparison, except to say that the Accord sedan doesn't come in a manual.

As far as the WRX's, well, in the states the fastest was Car and Driver at 5.6 seconds 0-60 but most are around 5.7-5.9 0-60. The 6 even in V6 form won't beat it, unless of course the WRX driver doesn't drive well and you are exceptional. :)

Tome

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Yet agin, I have to comment this! 6.7seconds for a family car is not "decent". Thats insane! A normal familymobile goes to 60 in about 9 to 10 seconds. 6.7 secods for a FWD is really good.

Some numbers from Supercars.net:
Porsche 944 S2 - 6.4 seconds
-93 Supra 5.0 seconds
2000 Celica GTS 6.6 seconds
VW Golf R32 6.4 seconds
-97 BMW M3 5.6 seconds

A fully speced super-Golf (smaller car) with 4WD and more power beats the 6s by just .2 seconds!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts

That is quick. Has anyone been able to verify this because to be honest it just doesn't sound believable.

·
Registered
315 Posts

Blackbird, in comparison to what's out there now in terms of "family car" it's decent.
Take a look at the 3.0 330i, G35, Accord V6, Altima V6 SE. Also, the 6 achieves those number with a manual. Many "family cars" don't come with manual for even comparison. Many domestics don't come with manuals.

The 330 is 6.1, the G35 in automatic is under 6.0 and with the manual it will be well under 6, the
Accord V6 is close to the 6S manual and the Accord is an automatic, the Altima V6 manual is 5.9.

This is why I said decent. Besides, what's wrong with being decent? Honestly, the 6's strength in overall balance regarding handling, power, ride, looks, price. Overall the 6 is awesome.

BTW, the WRX is a "family car" as well as is the new Mits EVO, but we won't even go there to compare. :)

Tome

·
Registered
174 Posts

FYI, a good (although sometimes slow) site for 0-60 times for all cars is:

http://www.car-stats.com

They just report times from a lot of different magazines, rather than running the tests themselves. They have listed for the Mazda6:

6s: 6.8 sec (manual - Car & Driver)
6s: 8.1 sec (automatic - Road & Track)
6i: 7.9 sec (manual - Car & Driver)

·
Registered
137 Posts

Originally posted by chindo

That is quick.  Has anyone been able to verify this because to be honest it just doesn't sound believable.[/b]
I Agree! I had a Mazda 323 GTX 4WD -91 for about 7 years ago, It had a 165HP 1.8 turbo intercooler, and when i really slammed the pedal to the floor and tortured the gearbox i made a 0-60 in 6,9 seconds with a connected computer that made the measurement.

It was impossible to get any better times, although the car did have a good potential.

Does the Alfa have 4WD? If not it sounds a bit wierd, 2WD cars often have a hard time when it comes to 0 - 60 accleration performance (not all though, if you look at the BMW M5, it almost have 400 horsepowers and 0 - 60 in 5.3 seconds... thats extremly fast for a 2WD)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Performance Figures

Yes I think it proves my point. If anyone has gotten a FWD 6 to performe almost as well as a AWD then their good.

But lets face it. 0 - 60 under .. like 7 seconds is GOOD. You NEVER use that in normal driving if your not insane or something. THese number-people never stop to amaze me. They can totaly diss a car thats like .2 seconds slower to 60. Does it really matter that much?!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Originally posted by kyrkbymannen
If not it sounds a bit wierd, 2WD cars often have a hard time when it comes to 0 - 60 accleration performance (not all though, if you look at the BMW M5, it almost have 400 horsepowers and 0 - 60 in 5.3 seconds... thats extremly fast for a 2WD)[/b]
That's RWD with 50/50 weight distribution and some shweet tyres.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts