Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, none of these companies make one for mazda (except the b-series truck). There is one out there for the ford taurus though which has the same engine as our 3.0L 6. I realize this may be absurd so dont rip my head off but what are some of the things stopping someone from using one of these.

I doubt you could even connect it but still...amuse me.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Originally posted by Triisomy21@Oct 24 2005, 04:45 PM
Ok, none of these companies make one for mazda (except the b-series truck). There is one out there for the ford taurus though which has the same engine as our 3.0L 6. I realize this may be absurd so dont rip my head off but what are some of the things stopping someone from using one of these.

I doubt you could even connect it but still...amuse me.
[snapback]541679[/snapback]​
Possible things that are different that would affect the calibration:

O2 sensors
Intake manifold
Exhaust manifold
No variable valve timing
No Electronic throttle control
EGR
MAF sensor and plumbing
Cylinder heads

There's probably more but I'm done.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by Triisomy21@Oct 24 2005, 05:37 PM
Thanks speed!
oh, and babyblue...go suck a railroad spike!
I'm just playing...
[snapback]541709[/snapback]​
haha...i was just as clueless as you...

i didn't know the answer to your question either...and i'll be the FIRST to admit it! :yesnod: :huh:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Each engine year and car model has its own ECU code revision. The 6 itself has 4 different revisions for 03 model year. Simply put, the one for the Taurus will not work. Its not even a matter of wiring it up right, its just that the code itself is not compatible with the various sensors and different equipment between the two engines, nevermind the subtle differences in airflow and intake design between the two.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I cant wait for SCT to come out with its XCAL tuner, The results from the Ford community are great, that tuner turns a normal Ford Thunderbird into a BEAST in a matter of seconds, I Have seen the results of their tuning myself and i personally cannot wait!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing