Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering does this sound right to you guys? A chip that will give me that much bost. Also is it worth the money or has anyone else found a better one.

2006 Mazda Mazda 6

Performance Chip
Brand: Unichip

UNICHIP-POWER PRAGRAMMER - 28.2 Horsepower Gain, 21.2 Torque Gain, Controls Engine Tuning & Performance, A Computer Module Installed Between Your Vehicle's ECU And Engine Designed To Release Your Engine's Untapped Power, Inlcudes a Multiple High-Speed Processor Computer Module, Plug-n-Plug Wiring Harness, And A Performance Map Specifically Dyno-Tuned To Your Vehicle And Its Components

Free Shipping On Orders Over $50.00
FITS SKU PRICE QTY

3.0L
Mazda 6

1320021 $728.52

Here is the site i found it at if you guys want to buy or look at it.
autopartswarehouse

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
just so you know, we sell the unichip for much less.

and the chip is a good buy if you going to add more performance parts later on as unichip allows you to add custom tune to get the most of your modifications.

www.jinsu-power.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a automatic. Will it work on it?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I only know a few users who have this installed. They said it works fine, but I know for sure it's not the talk of the town.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only know a few users who have this installed. They said it works fine, but I know for sure it's not the talk of the town.
[/b]
If it realy gave that much gain i would think it would be. Im not a big moder but this sounds nice to me.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
If it realy gave that much gain i would think it would be. Im not a big moder but this sounds nice to me.
[/b]
Hey man, that avatar is FREAKIN me out!!!! :angry: :wacko: :goon: :huh: :nono: :laugh:
ANd I'm not so sure about 28hp. I don't think for our car maybe another.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey man, that avatar is FREAKIN me out!!!! :angry: :wacko: :goon: :huh: :nono: :laugh:
[/b]
Why its just my sister.

ANd I'm not so sure about 28hp. I don't think for our car maybe another.
[/b]
its seys this "And A Performance Map Specifically Dyno-Tuned To Your Vehicle And Its Components
"

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
it depends on what or if you have any other mods. if you have nothing but like an injen/aem/k&m/mazdaspeed CAI you'll that much power but that's b/c none of those re-tune fuel maps to get the most from that add-on. now if you have headers, exhaust, CAI you'll see a big gain from that. i know i had a unichip in my 97' dakota and went from 338/380 whp/wtorque to 366/402 after adding it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thats good to know as of right now i have no mods. I have an 2006 6s v6 automatic and i dont know if i can get a turbo on it or not that will be the factor on the mods. I know and auto! My 99 cougar died and i had to get a car and always liked the 6 and it was only one they had so...

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i got the auto as they make like 50 stick shift a year in the bright island blue 6s v6. i'm not saying that it's a blanket no it won't add that as 6's are known to run rich but i wouldn't drop 500 on a unichip without a cold air and exhaust.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got the auto as they make like 50 stick shift a year in the bright island blue 6s v6. i'm not saying that it's a blanket no it won't add that as 6's are known to run rich but i wouldn't drop 500 on a unichip without a cold air and exhaust.
[/b]
I just knew joining this site was a good idea. Thanks alot guys.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have heard that unichip doesn't really do any research itself, and just puts the tunes on there that other shops provide to them. One member on here was talking about nasty fuel holes in his stock unichip maps

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have heard that unichip doesn't really do any research itself, and just puts the tunes on there that other shops provide to them. One member on here was talking about nasty fuel holes in his stock unichip maps
[/b]
Do you have the thread handy??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh that sounds good. $500 hole filled peace of sh$%.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

and the chip is a good buy if you going to add more performance parts later on as unichip allows you to add custom tune to get the most of your modifications.

www.jinsu-power.com
[/b]
Thats a great price on for Unichip. Also the deal of the month, are they available in 17s.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have heard that unichip doesn't really do any research itself, and just puts the tunes on there that other shops provide to them. One member on here was talking about nasty fuel holes in his stock unichip maps[/b]
not in particular, but I think that it was Boozted that was talking about it[/b]

Well that was the first version of the Injen and Exhaust Tune they offered. They ended up getting a version that was better from another shop. I sent mine back and they reprogramed with the new maps for free!

I had also found out that one of my coil packs were causing miss-fires not too long ago. After they replaced those the car felt a whole lot better. That MAY have been the problem the whole time with the holes in the map... At least with my car.

There was supposed to be a NEWER version of the unichip coming out. Believe it's called a "UNICHIP FLUX POWER DISPLAY". It will allow you to fine tune a few things via a palm pilot. (yeah who the hell has those) I was also told you could probably run a palm simulator software on a regular laptop and make it work.

·
Registered
139 Posts

www.jinsu-power.com
[/b]

I notice on that site it specifies with AEM intake, I assume that setup will work as well with other types of CAI?

·
Registered
742 Posts
These are the available tunes via a different vendors site (see attachment). There are probably more. I would personally Contact Unichip direct to see what is available.
[attachmentid=16423]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Thats a great price on for Unichip. Also the deal of the month, are they available in 17s.
[/b]
We only the deal in 18s. The wheel is a closed out model and will no longer be offered. We have only 3 sets left.

As for Unichip Maps, you can request for whichever map you want to put on as long as Unichip has them on file. (i haven't looked up their new updates yet, but as long as they have the tune then you can get it)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts