Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i can't seem to find the perfect spring for my application. i have subwoofers in the back, and even with them out of the car, the car still sits quite lower in the rear, because i think the springs settled after time. what i need is a .5-.75 drop in back, and a 1.5 -2 in the front. what spring set would you recommend? thanks.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
You might want to try the Racing Beat springs just in the rear. They have the least drop of the available springs and you can get them without buying all 4 springs.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Although not quite the #'s you are looking for I would suggest the MS springs, but get the hatch/5 door set. Since they are designed for a car that is slightly heavier in the back than the sedan it won't lower it as much in back. I've got them and I think it does a great job of evening out the fender gap. Most ppl who use them get approx 1.5" front/1" rear.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Try the Tein H Tech springs. I have 2 12" kappa perfects in the back and it sits PERFECT. i believe its a .8 drop in the back on the h techs according to the tein website.

heres a pic http://thecarspace.com/photos/e5ec4a776108.jpg

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
i have an 04 v6 6s sedan.
[/b]
buy my perfect eibachs for $125 in the buy/sell section. I had a JLw3 with amp in the back and it sat perfectly

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
im with shadrag on this one. get the rear racing beat springs.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Before you do ANYTHING, identify what springs you have on your car..... are they stock?

If they are stock, putting the RB springs in the rear ONLY with a sub is going to make your butt sag and your car is going to look horrible........... without going into the handling aspect.

The stock springs are jet solid black. Take a peek at your rear springs and see if they are that color.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Before you do ANYTHING, identify what springs you have on your car..... are they stock?

If they are stock, putting the RB springs in the rear ONLY with a sub is going to make your butt sag and your car is going to look horrible........... without going into the handling aspect.

The stock springs are jet solid black. Take a peek at your rear springs and see if they are that color.
[/b]
True, he never said what he was running. The rear RB springs should be combined with afermarket front springs of your choice to eliminate a heavy rear, not with stock fronts.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its all stock springs. i think i'll go with the rb rear ones, and how bout the front? 2 inch drop with which springs?

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you are running factory springs then get a aftermarket set. They usually tend to be a little stiffer and if you want to level out your car then you can have a shop cut them or cut them yourself to get the ride you prefer. By Going with a little less onthe drop it gives you more room to play with in the adjustment in the end. You could even chop the front springs a bit to level out the ride if it currently has the handling you prefer on your car. Ride is all in the one in the dirvers seat, and that is all that really matters.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have a set of Mazdaspeed sedan springs, if you are interested. You could use the front spring and then just put in the racing beat rear spring.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it is an atx model. the subs weigh less than 100lbs give or take a little. not very difficult to lift with two hands. i'm thinking racing beat in the rear for sure, then what? whats a good spring that drops 2 inches.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts