Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car in to the dealer for an unrelated issue and the tech came and spoke w/ me to say that they reflashed my ecu. I mentioned that I came in months ago to get reflashed and thought that I had the fix. Well apparently I didn't... (seems that I remember a thread similar to this where the consensus was that there is no "new" reflash...maybe the early folks had a trial version). Just a heads up for the members who were reflashed early.

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you do a little checking, you'll see that there was an updated flash 7/28 (so less than 1 1/2 months ago), which would be newer than the one you had.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ill will see tomarrow I will try and flash mine and see if there is a new version .when I get to work.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wait a sec, when was the initial recall issued? I know it came out on a Friday because I got mine flashed on a Saturday; was that Friday the 14th of July? Seems like it may have been.

If that's the case, and the latest version was released on the 28th, then anyone (like me) who got flashed before the 28th is a version behind.

That assumes that the initial release date of the recall was indeed the 14th, which I'm pretty sure it was.

Cheers.

·
Registered
829 Posts
If you do a little checking, you'll see that there was an updated flash 7/28 (so less than 1 1/2 months ago), which would be newer than the one you had.
[/b]
there's actually a newer one than that. I posted in the sticky, but no one noticed.

Okay, so I got the reflash done in the middle of August. Had my car in for an alignment check and asked them to see if there's a new flash, and here's what it says:

217 Reflash PCM New Part No. L38J-18881-B Filename SW-L38JEB000

So in a nutshell, there (seems to be?) is a newer flash than the 7/28 recall version.

Um, this is probably just in my head, since I drove it for like 10 miles...but I like this flash better. Seems to be a little bit stronger than the one I had before. I am probably insane and it's the same...but who knows.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Wait a sec, when was the initial recall issued? I know it came out on a Friday because I got mine flashed on a Saturday; was that Friday the 14th of July? Seems like it may have been.

If that's the case, and the latest version was released on the 28th, then anyone (like me) who got flashed before the 28th is a version behind.

That assumes that the initial release date of the recall was indeed the 14th, which I'm pretty sure it was.

Cheers.
[/b]
Actually, most dealers did not have this new flash until the first week of August anyway.
Go to Mazdausa.com and sign up for the Mazda owners section. You put in your vin and when you get all registered it wil tell you if you need the new reflash.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Actually, most dealers did not have this new flash until the first week of August anyway.
Go to Mazdausa.com and sign up for the Mazda owners section. You put in your vin and when you get all registered it wil tell you if you need the new reflash.
[/b]
Classic didn't have it but I had them download it the day I was there. I got the 7/28 flash on 7/29 from Classic in Mentor.

Apparently there's a newer version.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Classic didn't have it but I had them download it the day I was there. I got the 7/28 flash on 7/29 from Classic in Mentor.

Apparently there's a newer version.
[/b]
Mine was flashed on August 11, 2006. I am not sure if there is a newer version since then.

I do notice that those power "hiccups" under moderate accelleration have not show up since running the EBC. Everything seems smoother. Kind of weird that these ecus glitches aren't showing up anymore.

·
Registered
851 Posts
i had mine flashed the 28th of august. or so it said on the sticker they put on the car

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for this info guys. I have had the old flash for some time now and I would love to get this new flash if it indeed allows the car to run smoother.

R

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just had the reflash done.

Wow!! The car has a much better power curve (no drop, it's smooth all the way through). So, if you've been holding out... I'd suggest getting it done! Well worth it, and made for a fun drive home :).

:drive:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just had the reflash done.

Wow!! The car has a much better power curve (no drop, it's smooth all the way through). So, if you've been holding out... I'd suggest getting it done! Well worth it, and made for a fun drive home :).

:drive:
[/b]
yes, I agree with RaGINaR - it's even more pleasurable to drive...even my wife said the same, although I may not see the vehicle now. Where would they put the sticker, if they did?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts