Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone,
This weekend noticed that the paint or clear coat on my left front and rear wheels started to peel/bubble. Went to the dealer today, they took pictures of it, and sent to Mazda, asked me to wait couple days for an answer. On top of that my left mirror vibrates/shakes on highway speeds. Anybody else with the same experience?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
No problems here. In fact I got to say my fit n finish was pretty much perfect

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same thing happen with two of the rims on my 2014 GT. So far, so good with my 2015 GT. I'm curious, do you go through a car wash or do you hand wash it? I've tried to stay away from high power car washes this time.

Good thing is it should be covered by the warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From the day one I was using hand car wash. But I don't know if they were using any chemicals to clean the wheels. And weird that I noticed all that in one day, will ask car wash guys what are they using.
I am wondering what will happen with '16 GT up north after winter, with all that salt and stuff they are putting on roads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my 2016 GT since March and the wheel finish is still flawless (as I would expect.) I only handwash my car; and then I don't use any spray on wheel cleaners.

·
Registered
777 Posts
3 of my brother's wheels are peeling. He just noticed last week. We both have '16 GTs that we purchased together this summer. He has 12,000 miles. I only have 4,000 miles. Mine are flawless yet.

Observation... I'm OCD about brake dust on my wheels. Even if I can't wash the car regularly, I at least keep the wheels clean. I have wax on them, too. He doesn't wash his car regularly and brake dust builds up pretty good. I wonder if the corrosive brake dust build up exacerbated his wheels peeling?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just took my factory wheels off for winter and noticed some spots on one of my wheels. Has anybody else that has this problem got a reply from Mazda about warranty?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just took my factory wheels off for winter and noticed some spots on one of my wheels. Has anybody else that has this problem got a reply from Mazda about warranty?
Yes, I'm curious about Mazda's response as well. I have about 6,500 miles on my '16 GT and haven't had any peeling yet. I do make sure to wash my wheels pretty thoroughly about every 2 weeks, so maybe keeping that brake dust off has prevented damage.

Disappointed this is an issue. I love the darker finish, but not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All,
Just got my '16 GT less than 2 weeks ago, noticed the peeling late last week. Looks as pictured. It has been raining pretty much non-stop here, so I took it to the dealership for a car wash today and the peeling is obvious on 2 of the wheels (didn't think of looking for it until I got home, doh!). Taking it back to the dealership this afternoon so they can look at it and determine what to do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
All,
Just got my '16 GT less than 2 weeks ago, noticed the peeling late last week. Looks as pictured. It has been raining pretty much non-stop here, so I took it to the dealership for a car wash today and the peeling is obvious on 2 of the wheels (didn't think of looking for it until I got home, doh!). Taking it back to the dealership this afternoon so they can look at it and determine what to do.
Keep us updated!

1 - 20 of 130 Posts