Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently changed the front pads on my 6i, and also flushed the lines. Pedal feel is good, pads immediately bite the rotors when applying the brakes, and I get no mushiness (no air in the line).

I'm concerned about the amount of pedal travel I feel before the pads actually make contact. I would think that they would bite within a short distance of pressing the pedal. However, I need to press down until the brake pedal is approximately a half-inch taller than the gas pedal (for reference), until they make contact.

I can't figure out what is going on. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi All,

I recently changed the front pads on my 6i, and also flushed the lines. Pedal feel is good, pads immediately bite the rotors when applying the brakes, and I get no mushiness (no air in the line).

I'm concerned about the amount of pedal travel I feel before the pads actually make contact. I would think that they would bite within a short distance of pressing the pedal. However, I need to press down until the brake pedal is approximately a half-inch taller than the gas pedal (for reference), until they make contact.

I can't figure out what is going on. Any suggestions?
[/b]
Your rotors may be a little worn. That would make the pads have to travel farther before they touch the rotor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts