Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my oil today, and when I poured the oil from the drain pan into a bucket it surely didn't seem to be 5.5 quarts as it should be, it seemed more like around 3 to my best guess. I just checked the oil about a week and a half ago and it was fine. Since it seemed to be low, I checked the second PCV valve that I put inline, the generic metal one from Advanced Auto. When I pulled it out, the top of it (end towards intake manifold) had about 3 drops worth of oil on it and the tubing above it actually dripped oil out of it. The bottom was brown, kinda a rust looking brown, and it was a gritty and brown fluid, very thick. I cleaned it up and blew out the valve with an air compressor and put it back in. It was still functioning, it moved up and down as it did when it was new. I'm sure I had the valve in the right way, with the threads towards the bottom. What's going on?????

·
Registered
163 Posts
How long since your last oil change?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Your going to get a little oil on the valve that is normal. Why do you need two? Just get one and make sure its clean every once in a while...

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Your going to get a little oil on the valve that is normal. Why do you need two? Just get one and make sure its clean every once in a while...
[/b]
The stock ones are know to fail so for some reason everyone puts a second inline, but I don't see why they just don't replace the stock one. Besides the obvious extra effort that is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts