Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on wikipedia here: click

It states that on vehicles not requiring emissions that there is a hose attached to the PCV valve that is routed down towards the ground. If a hose was routed down like this on the 6 and with the hose going to the intake manifold plugged, would this prevent the engine from sucking oil through the tube? This way, the intake manifold isn't creating a suction to suck the oil out of the crankcase, yet the fumes can still escape the crake case through the tube. Would this work?

Also, I just took my Injen intake off, and there was oil in the inside of the intake and dripping out of the filter. There was a lot of of oil in there, so what's the cause of this? I already replaced the PCV valve, so what's next?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
if your car is still under warranty, put your stock intake back on and take it to the dealer. let them know you already replaced the PCV. and let them figure it out and repair it under warranty.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if your car is still under warranty, put your stock intake back on and take it to the dealer. let them know you already replaced the PCV. and let them figure it out and repair it under warranty.
[/b]
i'm at 56k miles, warranty isn't an option. I've talked to mazda, taken it to the dealership for them to see how much oil I'm burning, just got back from my 2nd trip there and the service manager is going to call mazda today, so we'll see if they're gonna cover anything. Also, I already took the intake off before taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
the pcv path is directly to the manifold, and flow is limited, and should not create a high vacuum in the crankcase. oil in the intake is more likely due to high vapor flow through the front bank vent line.

don't think an open vent off the pcv will help if piston rings are leaking, allowing high blowby.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the pcv path is directly to the manifold, and flow is limited, and should not create a high vacuum in the crankcase. oil in the intake is more likely due to high vapor flow through the front bank vent line.

don't think an open vent off the pcv will help if piston rings are leaking, allowing high blowby.
[/b]
if it's piston rings, wouldn't that have been a gradual thing, like burning more and more oil, starting with a small amount? My car went from burning no oil to burning a quart of oil every 400 miles

·
Registered
103 Posts
if it's piston rings, wouldn't that have been a gradual thing, like burning more and more oil, starting with a small amount? My car went from burning no oil to burning a quart of oil every 400 miles
[/b]
Actually if it is a piston ring it could be a very sudden thing. If an oil control ring carboned up and stuck or possibly broke you would suddenly be loosing major oil in that cylinder.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Also in the past some small 4 bangers have had oil blowing problems. We had a olds with a 151 4 banger and man it blew oil like no other. And that was a new engine...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts