Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the PCV valve problem exist in the '06 or '07 model? Is it as much of a problem on a stock engine? I'm considering buying a 6s MTX, and I'm trying to get all the info I can. What about engine mount problems?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The engine mount isnt really enuf of a issue to stop you from buying the car.. if it becomes an issue you can always get the cp-e engine mount which is a better mount anyway... and the PCV valve isnt a very common issue out of the thousands of people who own the car only a few have that problem. As long as you keep an eye on your oil as you should in every car reguardless you should be fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, good info, thanks.

Is it possible that the mods people here have done make the PCV more likely to fail? Seems like several people here have had the problem.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
um.. well anything is possible i guess... but we havent really noticed any kind of trend as to which mods would cause it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i would say more than only a few have had the pcv problem, but there is a thread around here somewhere that tells you how to install an inline pcv as a backup to the factory as a failsafe, so i say if a 6 is what you really want buy it, and just buy and install the cpe mounts and an inline pcv. but since your getting the mtx plan on buying a new clutch around 30,000 miles, unless their using different clutches now from what the were using in 05-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
voreth
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing