Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately when I start up the car my battery light comes on for a minute or two. At first this didnt concern me to much until all my accesories went off like my A/c, windows, and radio. After a minute or so of driving and going WTF everything sporadically starts to work again. So today I got the battery and alternator tested both tested fine, but the light and the code PCM P2503 keeps coming on my AP. I called the dealer got the price on the alternator which is about 350 but they didnt think it was alternator problem and said they could investigate the problem for $95 before I bought anything. Im seriously thinking about taking them up on this offer as I know practically nothing about electrical work. Does anyone have any ideas or inputs on this matter?? BTW I did install a DP about 2 months ago and did D/C the alternator but i made sure everything was correct before popping it in

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Seeing how you havnt done anything to it in 2 months, it leads me to believe theres either a short somewhere or the alt is giving out. Id def take it in seeing how without the alt running properly it could leave you stranded.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
It's a big coincidence. Perhaps you should retrace your steps where you did any prior electrical work. Check connections. Shorts can occur easily.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've actually seen this before due to a faulty ignition switch. The switch doesn't quite come back to the on position. Next time it happens jiggle the ign. switch and see what happens. I'm not saying this is definitely your problem but it's worth a try. Good luck!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well... i got to my location, my accesories quit, on me and now the car wont turn on... so im guessing its DEF an alt problem now

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Sounds likely. Who tested it for you?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (IHeartGroceries @ Feb 15 2010, 06:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637227
Sounds likely. Who tested it for you?[/b]
o reilly's tested it. Ill jump it in the morning and see if the shuts off after the jump. This way ill really know. Finding the alternator has become a difficult task and surprisingly enough it seems like the dealer has the best price

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i got the alternator D/c and everything but im having trouble getting it out of the engine bay. Does anyone know how??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts