Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving solo the air bag in the passenger seat rattles and drives me crazy. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is it something you got covered under warranty or did you fix it yourself? If I reach over and touch the air bag it will quit making the noise, but I don't know how to keep pressure on it all the time without affecting the way the air bag would work in the event of an accident. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
When driving solo the air bag in the passenger seat rattles and drives me crazy. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is it something you got covered under warranty or did you fix it yourself? If I reach over and touch the air bag it will quit making the noise, but I don't know how to keep pressure on it all the time without affecting the way the air bag would work in the event of an accident. Anyone?
[/b]
Are you sure it's the airbag? There is a passenger side dash rattle associated with a locator pin that a lot of people have experienced. And it will also go away with a little pressure on that side of the dash.

Dash Rattle

Some people have brought it to the dealer - I think there is a TSB - and at least one person fixed it himself.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
100% sure it is the air bag. it will rattle all the time until someone sits in teh seat or if i reach over and barely put some pressure on it. no one else has had this issue?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
100% sure it is the air bag. it will rattle all the time until someone sits in teh seat or if i reach over and barely put some pressure on it. no one else has had this issue?
[/b]
Ahh - the side impace bags that are in the seat are making the noise!

Sorry, I somehow got the idea it was the bag in the dash.

I haven't seen this particular problem listed here.

Get thee to a dealer. If the car is less than 12 mos/12K miles rattles are covered, and even if it is more than that I would make a case that it is a safetly issue since it involves the airbag, because if the airbag is loose it could impede deployment in the event of an accident.

Hell, even if it's the seat it could be a passenger safety issue. Seats should not be loose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts